Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fruit keeping sugar cravings alive?

Joseph Amburgey

Joseph Amburgey

I love fruit, but I have a sweet tooth. Every Christmas/December my home gets filled with unbelievably good baked sugar loaded treats that are in my face whenever I go into the kitchen. It's literally impossible not to break down at some point and then I indulge for 2 weeks or so.

All the treats are finally gone and my mind is thinking about oreos and candy bars. I have a week off of work to suffer through some sugar withdrawls.

Is whole natural fruit going to keep my sugar cravings alive? Typically an apple at lunch and split between lunch and dinner a cup of blueberries.
Would a short term complete cut away from fructose sources, and then moving back to fruit be ideal and prevent sugar cravings?

Everett Carroll

Hey Joseph,

My advice is to not do anything drastic like cut out fruit. Most of us indulge here and there, man, and it's not a big deal. Try to keep your stress levels low about it all and do your best to resume a (generally) junk-free diet. Plus, cutting out apples and blueberries means you'll be shorting yourself on good stuff like fiber and micronutrients.

When I'm really feeling the itch for some sweets and have already overdone the junk that week I'll sneak in a couple squares of super dark chocolate. If you think you'll accidentally eat the whole bar then stick to the blueberries ;) Just go back to what you were doing and avoid any yo-yo bounce back dieting crap. 

• Upvote 2

Joseph Amburgey

You make some great points. Helpful as always Everett; thank you!

Might have to jump onto this dark chocolate train. I love the stuff. We'll see how I do with not inhaling the entire thing.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.