Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bruise in lateral condyle of femur

Robert 268612

Robert 268612

I am 50 and been active in many sports in my life. Consequently, I have very little mobility. Based on Coach Sommer's interviews with Tim Ferris, and from what I have read on the web, I think this program will be great for me. 

However, at the end of July last summer I bruised the medial condyle of my right femur diving for a frisbee. I waited for the pain to go away for ~2 months, and then saw a doctor. I have had an x-ray and MRI, and found that my pain is not from meniscus or ligament tears, but a bruise on the lateral condyle of my femur and a  bit on the back of my patella. I think the affected part is mostly on the front of the femur, and not on the contact surface with the tibia.

Neither a physicians assistant nor an orthopedic surgeon I saw had much advice for recovery except for to take it easy. That is tough as I have read such injuries can take up to 2 years to heal, as there is not much circulation. 

I think I can be describes as a 'strong brick' and have been following the suggested exercises for a few weeks. So far I have been making some progress, and really feel great. There are a few exercises that seem to bother my knee a bit, and I take them easy. 

Does anybody have experience with bone bruises in joints? I plan to continue with GymFit, but also don't want to set myself up for future problems. Next week I am supposed to get a custom unloader brace to take weight off the affected area. 

Does it make sense to alternate heat and cold as Coach Sommer described in the Tim Ferris podcast?

Thanks for any advice.

Bob

Logan, UT