Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maurice Peerani

Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold; SE1>IM

Maurice Peerani

Howdy y'all,

I just started with this progression last week & though my Frog Stands are easy-peazy for me, these Ben Arm 1/2 Straddle Planche Holds, unfortunately, are not.  Did I not have my hands low enough on my Planche Bounces, prior? 

What should I focus on &/or what should I do to help rectify my mobility deficiency with this current progression?  I can't hold myself for any amount of time, parallel to the floor. I'm playing around with some trial/error, i.e. this morning I had 1 leg lifted while the other knee was on the ground; I've also had my knees on an aerobic board while my arms/hands press up to mimic holding my scaled weight.  Should I go back a strength/mobility progression or is there anything else I can/should be doing, right now?  As always...appreciate y'alls help!

Everett Carroll

Hey Maurice,

I suggest you submit videos of your Pseudo Planche Push-up, Planche Lean, and Prone Half Straddle Planche (the planche lean iM) form. Training those strength exercises with enough forward lean should allow you to transfer to the Bent Arm Planche exercises pretty easily. 

Maurice Peerani

Thank you.  Me not having enough forward lean was what I was afraid of.  I'll take a few steps back with this.  I think I'll go at more of a declining position, too.  

Duncan Lally

So annoying that some of the so called progressions are impossible….I’m thinking of the descending leg raise for 10” which comes out of nowhere and is impossible….bent arm half straddle planche is another. Some in between stuff needed to avoid discouragement

Alessandro Mainente
2 minutes ago, Duncan Lally said:

So annoying that some of the so called progressions are impossible….I’m thinking of the descending leg raise for 10” which comes out of nowhere and is impossible….bent arm half straddle planche is another. Some in between stuff needed to avoid discouragement

Hi Duncan, the bent arm straddle planche and possible solution/progression were already discussed here. Please take a look.

Matthew Walker
On 10/5/2021 at 3:07 AM, Duncan Lally said:

It's definitely not impossible. Search "Bent arm half straddle planche" in the forum and you'll see 99% of the time the coaches will ask for a video of the pseudo planche pushups and planche lean progressions or  other previous elements and identify weaknesses or improper form on those causing the bent arm half  straddle planche  to become a problem. There are plenty of people who have accomplished it. These skills aren't easy. Some people have to spend months on one thing or another just to get it right.