Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New web site: how do I get to my workout videos??

Robert Tapella

Robert Tapella

TL;DR please link the schedule from the top of the front page again.  I struggle to imagine that this was usability tested before launch.

Hi, I am struggling to navigate this new web design.  Previously from the first login screen, I could simply click the link to my day's workout based on the default schedule.

Now the schedule shows up, but none of the exercises are linked!  Attempting to navigate through the mess under my courses leads me through several layers of confusing, redundantly-named hierarchy are in place of what was a very simple and flat organization before...

Okay I just figured out how to get to my Front split but I thought it was removed from the site. Maybe this will help others who are confused:

Old way (the good way):

Click Front split from the schedule > watch video

New way:

Account > Course Library > Stretch Series > scroll down > Front Split > scroll down more > get confused by TWO things called Front Split... didn't I just choose Front Split?? > Choose "Front split" again > choose "Front split" (yep for the third time!) > watch video

Alternate new way:

scroll down to Multi-class series on the home page > click right three time in the carousel > Front Split (with a different icon!) > (don't notice that this is a popover rather than a new page, so going "back" doesn't do what I expect) >  click on the video player thingy (this is in the popover, not full window like method above)

There must be an easier way to navigate around! The new content is obfuscated by poor navigation and inconsistent icons, and multiple paths to the similar but not-the-same content!

This is Wednesday so I actually have a stretch and a strength exercise. The thought of navigating this mess twice is making me angry just thinking about it.

• Upvote 2

Hello Robert,

Yes, it was thoroughly tested.  Quite thoroughly tested for a number of months now,  The new design will allow much greater flexibility to support the many new features which will be forthcoming shortly.  

Yes, there will be an annoying new learning curve involved.  As my youngest daughter likes to say, “Suck it up, buttercup”.  ;)

As always, customer support is just a click away and they will walk you through the new design and how to use it most efficiently if you need it.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 1

+1 for downvoting the new website. I love the content, Coach Sommers, but your flippant "suck it up" attitude is very disappointing.

Was the new design tested  for usability or just scalability with new features? I spent quite some time to figure out how to get to my workouts before giving up and filing a customer support ticket. As an engineer used to dealing with bad user interfaces, this new design has got to be one of the worst.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Suzanna McGee

I agree... Before, when I see my weekly schedule, I just click on the workout I want to do today. I cannot click on anything in the new layout. So I went through the library, but when I finished my Middle split, there is no way to log in my workout. I tried on mobile too, but it didn't work either. 

• Like 1

Stephen Desrosiers

I’m the type of person who normally does not like change(most humans naturally don’t) but Wednesday night after 8 hours of welding, is middle split for me and after an additional 20 sec of finding how to access the video, I got right into my side to side squats. ;) 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Guys, if you acces to the courses from "+ 6 week programs" straight from your dashboard it s exactly as before: you click on the workout (core, upper, middle split, etc), then the follow along show up and after finishing or exiting the video you can log your workout with the smiley faces. And the change here is that you can also log your reps (as in the first older system).

Also, nothing has changed much about the course library. One always had to go to it to see the specific exercises (not the follow along) and you always had to choose again between front split follow along or detailed exercises (with all strecht series).

So far I didnt find hard to navigate through the new webpage.

Antonio Alías Montoya

I just don t understand why both of them, smiley faces and logging reps? And what s that about logging reps in the strecht series? I think is some kind of mistake. 

Also, I can t see the number of sets and reps that I have to do for each exercise.

- Is it just me who, when going on GB website on smartphone, have to log in twice most of the time? I put my username and password (already registered by my phone os it's just a click, then log in and most of the time I land on the same exact page so I have to log in a second time.Also when I quit safari (I'm on iPhone) and come back, it automatically logs out. 

- Like Antonio, I don't understand why there is smiley faces and logging reps? And I can't see the reps I have to do on smartphone. It's hidden on the right.

- I would suggest having everything each customer has purchased on the homepage would be better. Those who have Unlimited (GymFit TV now) have everything, and those who only have foundations, stretch series, handstand etc only have that on their homepage (dashboard). It would be much easier.

• Like 2

Robert Tapella

THANK YOU for fixing this issue so quickly and adding the quick links to the daily schedule.

I'm sorry that my initial post was too aggressive.  The team obviously put a lot of work into overhauling the site and the crucible of customer-reaction at launch is always  painful. Hopefully feedback can be considered as a guide to improvement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In the first shock moment i was like "ok, now it happened, they kicked out all long time courses!" .

After a bit of clicking around i understood that the courses are now called 6+weeks hahaha better call them 6+years!

All in all the new surface looks nice and more modern, we will get used to navigating ;-)

2 hours ago, Tom Bussien said:

- I would suggest having everything each customer has purchased on the homepage would be better. Those who have Unlimited (GymFit TV now) have everything, and those who only have foundations, stretch series, handstand etc only have that on their homepage (dashboard). It would be much easier. 

I agree with Tom, but understand that they want us to get watering mouthes (is this the term?) :P:razz:

• Like 2

Andrey Kruglykhin

Two suggestions for the new interface:

1. Can the name of the member be indicated at the top of the screen or next to the profile, please? The same way it was in the old interface and the same way it is still on the Forum page. That makes it easier to see that you are logged in - at a glance.

2. Can the same feature be added as in the old interface when you can see by change in colour / checked sign on the picture that a module has been done, please? This allows for a quick check what's been done in the week and what's still not - sometimes I need to change the programming for the week on the go and swap modules. may be a check sign next to each module in the schedule?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

• Like 2

So, for the foundations, it’s alright now. Even though it would be better to have everything the user purchased on the homepage and not all the courses one didn’t buy.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:51 AM, Andrey Kruglykhin said:

1. Can the name of the member be indicated at the top of the screen or next to the profile, please? The same way it was in the old interface and the same way it is still on the Forum page. That makes it easier to see that you are logged in - at a glance.

2. Can the same feature be added as in the old interface when you can see by change in colour / checked sign on the picture that a module has been done, please? This allows for a quick check what's been done in the week and what's still not - sometimes I need to change the programming for the week on the go and swap modules. may be a check sign next to each module in the schedule?

Agree 100% with this, please do it.

Also how do I validate the stretch series? I found them in multi-class series but when I click on Middle Split for example, I have the video but can’t click on « Done » like before. And where are the technique and scaling videos during the stretch series? 

Maybe this is only on smartphone, but it’s really important, I believe most of us use smartphones to watch de videos. 

Is an app on the making? It would be awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Arif Maladwalla

None of this makes sense, the design was perfectly fine before with a few bugs/annoying behaviour (nothing extreme). The saying goes "don't fix what isn't broken"

- I would like a dark mode on this. I really hate the white background especially on the forum.

- Main Dashboard there is a big massive picture taking up the whole screen and then the schedule is way below. Isn't that a bit pointless. Just get rid of it please and make it easier to navigate to the workout.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, Tom Bussien said:

I agree with this, i don't care for any other courses other than the workouts I have purchased and focused on.

• Like 3

Leland Riemer

Another piece that seems to be missing in the 6+ week courses is the level and progression label for each exercise. In the 'Forms' forum are we now to just use the listed exercise name rather than the GST code? Example: 'HS/PE5'.   I really like having it listed next to the exercise name so that I know how far I've come and where I'm going.  Furthermore, I would like to echo other members who would like an indicator on the dashboard regarding which workouts have been completed each week. Thanks!

• Like 2

Jaideep Mukherjee

Still unable to log workouts, at least for Stretch series. I don't see Stretch in the 6-week Programs, so go through Course Library from top right. Unable to log workouts or enter Notes yet. Since we can't log past workouts, already the workout history is messed up. Wish the older features were not removed in order to add new programs and features. Great content, poor navigation. Support was quick but it didn't really solve the issues.

Alessandro Mainente

The new platform is still working in progress so the TEchnical support will try again to solve the problem. Actually, the forum does not serve as support for technical function.

• Like 1

Leland Riemer
21 hours ago, Jaideep Mukherjee said:

Still unable to log workouts, at least for Stretch series. I don't see Stretch in the 6-week Programs, so go through Course Library from top right. Unable to log workouts or enter Notes yet. Since we can't log past workouts, already the workout history is messed up. Wish the older features were not removed in order to add new programs and features. Great content, poor navigation. Support was quick but it didn't really solve the issues.

I have the Stretch courses listed as workouts on my weekly calendar. If you link to them by clicking the link on the calendar it allows you to log the workout. Does this work for you Jaideep?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jaideep Mukherjee

Thanks Leland - that was perfect. I am now able to log Stretch workouts. Now only if there was a way to log past workouts, as I missed logging some, but it is not a big deal. Appreciate everyone who tried to help.

• Like 1

Matthew Walker 346225

I'd agree that the UX on mobile is bad especially in the "course library" section. I assume they'll fix that in time.  For now you could try just using it in desktop mode if on Android (not sure if iOS has that option or not) and it's a lot cleaner and more usable at the moment. 

Change is sometimes a pain in the ass and doesn't always work out as planned. 

Scott Foreman
On 12/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, Tom Bussien said:

So, for the foundations, it’s alright now. Even though it would be better to have everything the user purchased on the homepage and not all the courses one didn’t buy.

Agree 100% with this, please do it.

Also how do I validate the stretch series? I found them in multi-class series but when I click on Middle Split for example, I have the video but can’t click on « Done » like before. And where are the technique and scaling videos during the stretch series? 

Maybe this is only on smartphone, but it’s really important, I believe most of us use smartphones to watch de videos. 

Is an app on the making? It would be awesome. 

@Tom Bussien - did you ever fine a way to click on "Done"? I finished my middle split workout, but couldn't find any way to indicate that it was complete. I'm guessing the answer is obvious, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Thanks in advance.

Alessandro Mainente

Please guys, in case of a problem like the one above, use the support function. who has no idea about the new structure of the website cannot give you a precise answer.

15 hours ago, Scott Foreman said:

@Tom Bussien - did you ever fine a way to click on "Done"? I finished my middle split workout, but couldn't find any way to indicate that it was complete. I'm guessing the answer is obvious, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Thanks in advance.

Instead of clicking on the stretch series in the « multi-class workouts » I believe it’s called. You need to click on « Show schedule » at the top of you homepage. It shows your schedule and then click on Middle Split. You can then click on Done. I do that now with every workout and it’s way easier!