Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Correct lower back positon during advanced tuck planche

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z

Hello, some months ago i started training the planche, i was always really stricit with my form (protracted scapulas, straight arms, etc) within a month i was already performing 15 secs tuck planche with really good form, a month after that im starting to do the advanced tuck planche but ive seen a lot of people sharing different points of view on how the lower back should be. I ve tried to do a really hollow lower back but it seem for me to be really hard, however ive been watching a lot of phots from gymmnasts and calisthenics athletes and none of them have a rounded lower back (of course scapula protraction is necessary to avoid banana shape)

Here is a picture of my Adv. Tuck planche, im aware i still need to focus more on protraction, however my lower back is neutral and it doesnt have any banana shape, i mean even my glutes point down and i have some PPT as you can see in my abdomen

97310050_advplanche.thumb.jpg.0a6b1046ade7c8d9a6f914dc1537f739.jpg

However here is a picture of a very rounded lower back

image.png.c5cac2553e7e4950cefe18f3a7752bbd.png

So which one should i follow

Alessandro Mainente

The second one is Alessio, from Italy , one of my best student of some years ago. his form is the correct one. there should be no variation in the upper body alignment.

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z
On 12/3/2018 at 4:58 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The second one is Alessio, from Italy , one of my best student of some years ago. his form is the correct one. there should be no variation in the upper body alignment.

So, my adv. tuck is incorrect? And if it what can i do to correct it. I have a really solid 20 sec tuck

Alessandro Mainente

Yes is not correct, the problem is for sure glute activation. 20'' does not match the standard I used on myself through coach Sommer recommendations, 30 it is, for multiple sets.

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z
On 12/5/2018 at 5:18 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes is not correct, the problem is for sure glute activation. 20'' does not match the standard I used on myself through coach Sommer recommendations, 30 it is, for multiple sets.

Ive been trying different variation but if i try rounding my back my planche looks really piked, anything i can do about?

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-08 at 20.39.11.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

Nothing more than what I did, learning how to use the proper muscles to extend the hips is the cue point...foundations course can teach you how to do that.