Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sudden Muscle Fatigue

Yunus Coklar

Hello everyone,

I have been using the fundamentals as warm-up before exercising, but I still cannot walk the crab. I know this means I lack upperbody strength, which I agree with, however I have a huge problem with working out upper body.

I experience what I can only describe as sudden muscle fatigue. For example, I will be doing bench press. First set, 5-8 reps at 155, barely getting the last rep in, feeling good. Second set, same thing. Third set, sudden muscle fatigue after 1 or 2 reps, where my muscles go limp and refuse to push no matter how much mental effort I exert. Same with push ups. Same with shoulder press. You name the upper body workout, this always happens. Due to this, I seem to never be able to gain upper body strength, but I don't experience this with my lower body or core.

I eat plenty protein (chicken, turkey, whey) and carbs (white rice, oats), not as much fats. I tried personal trainers. I don't have any injuries, and have not had any injuries. Any thoughts?

Weight: 220 lbs || Height: 6'2"

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Yunus, talked about that many times with Carlo Buzzichelli, the most important student of Tudor Bompa, the big amount of deficit between first and second set can be due to lack of BCAA's in the blood. are you using any type of integration?

1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Yunus, talked about that many times with Carlo Buzzichelli, the most important student of Tudor Bompa, the big amount of deficit between first and second set can be due to lack of BCAA's in the blood. are you using any type of integration?

Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for the reply. I am not using any BCAA supplements. I am not sure what you mean by "integration" but I don't think I'm using any type of integration either. 

I'll look into purchasing a BCAA supplement and report back if I have any results.

• 2 weeks later...
Isak Tougaard

@Yunus Coklar

If it is only your upper body that is affected, it seems probable that it is a muscular cause.

I experienced an inability to progress pushups, because my pectoralis minor was severely infiltrated (felt like rolling egg sized marbles around under my skin). Fixed the knots and I could progress, more stable form too.

Same thing with tuckups - impossible to do more than 9x4. Loosened my quads and hipflexors with self massage followed by stretching every day for a week and boom, 12x4 next workout, and that felt way easier too.

I'd see a shoulder/upper body specialized physiotherapist if I were you, or get a functional movement screen done. Check it here:

https://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/functional-movement-screen-fms/

https://www.functionalmovement.com/system/fms