Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paleo diet and Thrive

MARTIN VERA SANTIAGO

MARTIN VERA SANTIAGO

Hi, I wanted to know if someone has followed the paleo diet for a long time and if it is a good way to fuel the body for GST.

I would be grateful if someone could explain to me what the Thrive nutrition program consists of (the main idea). 

Thank you very much for your help

I started eating Paleo about 6months ago to see if it helps with my joint aches. It did big time. Also recognized strength gains and being less tight. Downside are muscle cramps from time to time, but that might be due to dehydration. 

I don't know anything about thrive. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Federico Pregnolato
On 11/8/2018 at 2:05 AM, MARTIN VERA SANTIAGO said:

Hi, I wanted to know if someone has followed the paleo diet for a long time and if it is a good way to fuel the body for GST.

I would be grateful if someone could explain to me what the Thrive nutrition program consists of (the main idea). 

Thank you very much for your help

Hi Martin,

The Paleo Diet is a great way to approach nutrition, mainly because it cleans up your pantry and makes you more aware of consuming whole and unprocessed food. I like the idea of eating what the earth gives us, plain and simple. Granted, nowadays the nutrient and micronutrient content of the food we eat is not always optimal (an apple even just 200 years ago is different from the apple you buy at the store). Still, there is a lot to learn on food quality thanks to the Paleo/Primal movement.

On the other side, it might not be optimal for refueling and getting big during a strength training protocol. The best thing you can do is to experiment yourself and see how your body reacts. 50gr of Carbs a day for me might be enough to sustain a GST workout and my life, while you would need more. My best advice would be to experiment for yourself and see how your respond. You might use a workout out/nutrition journal and write down your "experiment" to keep track and have a better understanding of the process.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Christopher Hancox

Hi Martin,

I used to eat a Paleo diet and switched to Thrive about 6-8months ago. I have found Thrive similar to Paleo but with a few important changes geared specifically for athletes and performance. The basic premise is good healthy food at the right times and creating habits to increase and maintain energy levels, recovery, and sleep. There is a lot more detail and explanation within the program as you go through it.

Personally I have found I have much more energy for workouts and fewer carb crashes as I ma now adapted to using fat and carbs as fuel.

The course is run over 9-10weeks (providing you complete all the challenges correctly). Each week there are two new tasks to add to the previous tasks, which must be completed to progress.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.