Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stall Bars on Amazon - which one?

Ian C Flores

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting on my GST journey, but am fully committed. In particular I'm looking at Stall Bars at this stage as this is an integral part of the program. I would love to make my own, but I know this is something that would just allow me to procrastinate getting on with my training. I would love to get the Rogue Stall Bars, but don't have $700+ to drop on them. HOWEVER, I am an Amazon Prime member and get free shipping... yay! I don't mind dropping a few hundred, I'm not trying to skimp, but I can't drop close to $1000.00. 

There are a few sets on there, but I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to material (wood vs metal), height (I'm 5'10" and weigh 185lbs). If anyone, a coach preferably, could recommend a set that's offered on Amazon.com that would be hugely beneficial and most appreciated. 

Thank you, Ianca

• 10 months later...
Matthew Walker

I'm the same size as you. I have some cheap Vita Vibe stall bars I got off Amazon < $300. I've had them for over 5 years with no issues.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I got these, which I'm really liking, and I think they look great:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0053BN242/

As you can see, there are different woods at different prices.

I really like the feel of the bars. If I was buying again, I would go for fewer rungs, though (which is also cheaper):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOHrD-WaterRower-Wall-Bars-10/dp/B07F29CS87/

I bought the 14 rung version because my research made me think that it would give better support for the back when doing things like 1/2 hanging leg-lifts, but actually it has made it a little awkward to get my feet in for inverted pike pull and vertical pike walk--not impossible, but it would be easier if there was a larger gap between rungs.

The other thing that is a bit tricky is that when doing 1/2 hanging leg lifts I have to hang from the pull-up bar and put quite a bit of padding behind me, because of my height. I'm 6' tall, so someone shorter might be able to use the lower bar. I have the bars outside, raised by about 30cm, which isn't quite enough, but I'm planning to raise them a little more. You can also buy a special attachment that holds the pull-up bar in a vertical position and then wouldn't need the extra padding.

Anyway, the long and short is that there are a couple of little awkwardnesses, but they do look really good, and the wood feels lovely. I was originally going to put them indoors which is why I ranked looks so highly--I couldn't imagine having something like the Rogue bars in the house, even though they are probably a fantastic piece of kit. :)

• 6 months later...
Timothy Letscher

I found some very reasonably priced stall bars from The Beam Store (https://www.thebeamstore.com/28-swedish-stall-bars-commercial-grade-sale) - I went with the 28" width which is a bit narrow but fits best in my space. The had a wider version on the site a few weeks ago but maybe they're out of stock. Based in Oklahoma and shipped to me far faster than the estimate they provided. 

Great construction and the wooden dowels were perfectly straight and feel solid for my weight (175-180lbs) and rated to 500lbs. I needed to mount some boards to the wall in order to solidly anchor to the studs but that was the only extra work involved. The bars themselves assemble with zero complications. 

stallbar-01.png

stallbar-02.png

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Jonathan Skubis

I see a lot of people running into the same issue with stall bars, either they were too expensive, not sturdy enough, or sold out. I just built a set myself, metal bars, 42" wide, and came out to be around $200. Didn't take many tools either. I wrote a blog on How to Make Stall Bars here: https://www.jfskubis.com/post/how-to-make-stall-bars

There are detailed step by step instructions as well as a video for visual reference and I also include my backstrap setup. Hope you all enjoy!