Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to gain muscle after strenght gains with levers and lever dynamics

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z

Hello, im 17 years old, and in june 2018 i started with calisthenics i had a background of 1.5 years gym training. I am 1.77 tall and at that time i was at 75 kg, now ive achieved full front lever and advanced tuck planche but i think this happend because i lost some weight because im also training some High School-fotball and not having a perfect diet, however im about to have holyday and my plan is to get back to sleeping correctly, eating and habving more intense workouts. But my concern is how to gain muscle mass iwthout making the levers too hard for me to not holding them again beacuse of the weight gain. I´ve also heard somewhere in this forum that muscle gains come after strenght gains, how does that works?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Fernando, muscles gain after strength gain happens ONLY in the correct nutrition situation. I simply impossible to gain solid muscles if you are not in a caloric surplus condition. many people refer to many muscles gains (apparently) but probably they simply had lost some superficial bodyfat so that muscles are much more visible than before.

Generally speaking is not correct saying that muscles follow strength because it depends on the method you used to gain strength.

said that in order to gain muscles you need to follow the same exact protocol of bodybuilding with bodyweigth exercise and in order to do that with gymnastics strength elements you need to be much stronger than a front lever and an advanced tuck planche. I begna to build up functional muscle once approaced one arm pullup, icron cross, maltese, inverted cross, rings handstand pushup and so on. but we are not talking about something you can do after 1.5 years of calisthenics.

exactly as happens in a normal gym there is a period of entry where you need to understand properly the motor schema and get the correct amount of activation and then you can begin to build up some muscle mass is nutrition in ok. this period can take many months, maybe after a couple of years, you are enough efficient to use your strength gain for a muscles hypertrophy.

• Like 1