Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New content (restore etc) vs foundation /stretch series

Peter Ols

Hi,

I am really hooked on GST and want to learn more about the purpose of your programs especially more about programming and maybe incorporating restore programs or other new content.

I can understand the purpose of the restore series I think but the holds are very short compared to the stretch series and thats kind of contradictory for my understanding from the stretch series where time is explained to be a big factor in flexibility training.

I have been doing the stretch series and foundation for 15 months and have got some progress but started carved out of stone.(I expect flexibility takes years so I am patient though)

Should I change my programming and do the restore series to make better progress or is it a good idea to do the restore series in the deload weeks?

I have tried the 7 days test period but I would like a better guide for the relationships between the new content and foundation and stretch to get a better understanding how I can benefit from combining all the content.

Is the conditioning content a more modern or varied way to train than foundation or is the foundation the best way to get a solid base?

My current progress:

FL/PE4 step 5

SL/PE5 step 8

MN/PE2 step 7

HBP/PE9 step 7

RC/PE10 step 7

sPL/SE1 step 8

SLS/SE1 step 8

I have been having difficulty understanding this after reading though the FAQ.

My question would be; Where do you fit the Foundation exercises in the week? Do they count as 'Upper body'?

Thanks,

Nick

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Peter, the restore series has not the same goal of stretch series and for this reason, its approach must be considered differently. the purpose is limbering, holding the current range of motion, let the SNC to adapt to the new range of motion by making it a habit.

after a good period of test you should understand where you tend to lose progress easier. so for this body section, you should incorporate a daily work for the corresponding restore series. for example, I tend to lose thoracic extension, then i perform daily the restore series.

for adults foundations is the most logical approach.

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente
1 minute ago, Nick Goddard said:

I have been having difficulty understanding this after reading though the FAQ.

My question would be; Where do you fit the Foundation exercises in the week? Do they count as 'Upper body'?

Thanks,

Nick

Foundations have upper, lower and core section. 

Follows this splits and you will never have a problem.

When I click 'Upper Body' on 'My available workouts' it takes me to three exercises.

Not the Foundation 'Discover Course Content' Front Lever, Straddle Planche etc. How should I fit these into my week?

9 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Foundations have upper, lower and core section. 

Follows this splits and you will never have a problem.

Everett Carroll
4 hours ago, Nick Goddard said:

Not the Foundation 'Discover Course Content' Front Lever, Straddle Planche etc. How should I fit these into my week?

4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Nick,

The course library/discover course content section is meant for studying preparing for upcoming progressions. The 3 progressions in your UB workout are what you should be training each week. 

Thanks Everett/ Alessandro. 

So if I was to click 'Too Easy' after completing the first exercises given. Then the following week it would be made harder.

A couple of newbie questions.

What does PE stand for? And also iM?

Will a rings routine appear in my schedule when I've completed a certain amount? Or can I start doing the mobility ring section straight away? I've been using rings for two years now and it would be great to continue and even start from the bottom again following the GB method.

Thanks again,

Nick

20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Peter, the restore series has not the same goal of stretch series and for this reason, its approach must be considered differently. the purpose is limbering, holding the current range of motion, let the SNC to adapt to the new range of motion by making it a habit.

after a good period of test you should understand where you tend to lose progress easier. so for this body section, you should incorporate a daily work for the corresponding restore series. for example, I tend to lose thoracic extension, then i perform daily the restore series.

for adults foundations is the most logical approach.

Thanks, if I understand you correct restore series is what can be considered "targeted daily limber". That seems logical!

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Nick Goddard said:

Thanks Everett/ Alessandro. 

So if I was to click 'Too Easy' after completing the first exercises given. Then the following week it would be made harder.

A couple of newbie questions.

What does PE stand for? And also iM?

Will a rings routine appear in my schedule when I've completed a certain amount? Or can I start doing the mobility ring section straight away? I've been using rings for two years now and it would be great to continue and even start from the bottom again following the GB method.

Thanks again,

Nick

IM means INtegrated Mobility while PE stands for preparatory elements. for rings, Coach recommend finishing at least foundations 2.

Hi again,

An additional question about the use of new material:

I am currently doing:

Mon: Middle split (stretch)

Tue: Upper body (Foundation)

Wed: Lower body + core (Foundation)

Thursday: rest day

Friday: Front splits (stretch)

Sat: Back bridge (stretch)

Sunday: rest day

Would it be beneficial for me to du different new classes to get variation or should I stick to the basics as I am doing ? I belive I need to stick to the basics for now with Daily limbering to get enough rest but when all new content is potentially available  it may be beneficial to get variation ?  I can see new stuff as "30 min leg", "total body conditioning" and "25min core" that can be used as a variation to the Foundation series. What are your thoughts ?

I am a 50 year old beginner who needs much mobility/flexibility work and to get a balanced strength.

I prioritize results and I do not get bored using Foundation week after week as long as I know that is what is getting me the best results long term.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Considering that the new contents are useful as "time-saving" option. you can consider to use them if necessary. I would not like to look at them as a substitution, maybe an integration. be sure to be able to complete the exercise is the new contents video.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Christian Gabel

The GB-Team puts a lot of effort in the new Unlimeted content … I question myself, if the foundation courses, which are perfect for me, will be ever updated in the future. I doubt that I ever reach F4, but I think F3 is possible … in a few years. Would be happy, if the F-Series is kept up to date ...

The user interface of the foundation courses is currently being upgraded; however at this time there are no plans to revamp the foundation curriculum.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Christian Gabel

Thanks for the answer!

Is it recommended to buy F2, F3 and F4 soon, because it could happen that they are removed from the site in the future?