Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stall Bars Solution: Titan Fitness

James Rice

I assembled free-standing stall bars yesterday and am really happy with how it turned out. 

To make my stall bars, I purchased 3 items from Titan Fitness during a sale in August:

1. X-3 Squat Stand $287.10
  2. Stall Bars Top Set $45.90
  3. Set of 6 Double Stall Bars $197.96 

Dimensions 90.5" Tall x 50" Wide x 48" Deep

A few caveats/tips:

• While the stall bar set I built feel sturdy, and don't wobble, I can't guarantee it's as safe as it would be if bolted down or to the wall. You follow my example at your own risk.
  • Titan Fitness designs the stall bars accessories to fit their X-2 and X-3 Racks NOT their squat racks.
  • The Squat Stand came with a pullup bar and base attachment are a couple inches wider than the stall bars, so I extra pieces for that I can't use. The stall bars are 42" and the pieces with the squat stand are 43".
  • I only used 5 of the 6 double stall bar sets. Someone who's taller could move the top set up 6 inches and would have space for the final set of double bars.
  • The bolts were too big for my socket set so I used two adjustible wrenches.
  • I recommend laying one of the uprights on its side, with a spacer underneath, attaching the stall bars to that upright, then mounting the second upright while everything's still on its side. It gets heavy quick, so you'll want a friend to help you get it upright and move it to where you want it.

IMG_4689.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Joseph Amburgey

Those are pretty sweet. I was looking for something freestanding too. Though this is out of my price range. Still you got something there that I assume works. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
John Roberts 223152

How is this turning out as more time passes? Any regrets or things you would do differently? Im thinking of doing the same setup, but am worried about the stability/longevity of attaching pieces that arent meant to connect to each other

• 2 weeks later...

I love it and I still get very excited every time I get to use it. I'm still pretty new to gymnastics training, but it feels like a great investment in my training.

I have no concerns about its stability whatsoever. The entire thing weighs somewhere around 230lbs and is bolted together. It's not going to tip over and nothing I do to it could break it.

Other than the cost, the only thing I can say I dislike like is that the legs get in the way of using floor space for other things. At the moment, I have plenty of floor space, but this is a drawback that should be considered.

5 hours ago, James Rice said:

I lhan the cost, the only thing I can say I dislike like is that the legs get in the way of using floor space for other things.

You could cut out the gym mats to fit around the base of the stall bars; this would make the bars more stable, and the horizontals wouldn't be as prominent (less of a trip risk).