Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HANDSTAND SIDE BEND

Gabriele Cremonesi

Gabriele Cremonesi

Hi everyone,  I started training handstand side bend 3 months ago, but I'm not very happy of results. ( I enclose 2 photos ). How I can improve it ? My right side is more strict than left.  

Many thanks for any helps.

Gabriele

5b22ca76211f4_Screenshot_20180614-220040_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.3e4696a96eff7ef3caf58178810aa948.jpg5b22ca73e3b22_Screenshot_20180614-220029_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.254b09f9505d26e84193734bfb9243da.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

From this front view appears many things:

-hips twist that can occurs in case of poor shoulder mobility, poor hips mobility or simply bad technique;

-shoulders not elevated that made the alignment less effective. 

I would like to see your normal handstand from a side view.

Gabriele Cremonesi

Ok Alessandro,  I enclose a photo.

Many thanks

Screenshot_20180615-075435_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.1b675d930c792cd2a4baf277ddf391b0.jpg

Edited by Gabriele Cremonesi

Alessandro Mainente

in the photo below you can find 2 red lines:

-the lower one is the line following your upper arm;

-the higher one is the line following the alignment of your spine

line.png

If these lines are not aligned then the basic handstand is not correct and I cannot suggest you train the basic of one arm variation or bending variation. Also, your head position is not correct.

If the missed alignment is a problem of technique and not mobility you should be able to perform this exercise with all your back in contact with the wall with no problem, if not you lack of mobility in the shoulder.

Gabriele Cremonesi

Where is the correct head position ? 

I'm able to perform this exercise.

Also in this example the alignment isn't correct ?  If it isn't correct what do you suggest me ? I have to push more with my shoulder? 

Many thanks 

5b239f2c064a0_Screenshot_20180615-131221_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.d8233b2ef519a00567dd1729f0190f95.jpg

Edited by Gabriele Cremonesi

Alessandro Mainente

This is ok.

for the head position, you should be able to barely see your thumbs.

Alessandro Mainente

Sincerely is hard to say because when you bend to the side a twist happens into your hips, it can be an imbalance in the hips or in the ability to bent the spine in one side. a physiotherapist should be able to check for possible imbalances, then if you have them, work on them.