Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back Lever Press to Maltese time......

Wangtang6911

Wangtang6911

Alright so I was doing some strength today and did my strength sequence with the nakayama. The coach saw and he said that he wanted me to start trying to press back into maltese from the back lever instead of going to cross.

Gregor, I think you said you might have done this skill before (forgot if it was with or without the bounce), but what are some strengthening drills you can do to learn this skill? Also, what muscles do you feel like you are using when doing this skill?!

Anyone else who has some insight on this skill, please feel free to chime in and give your 2 cents!

Thank you all in advance!

Ted

Yes Iid. I still need to go further down to back lever (litle to high back lever).

For me the best exercise was back roll to maltese (azarian roll-maltese) F value. I had few spotted back lever presses to maltese, but when I do this spotted I do maltese diffrently than normal, so for me not so good with spotting.

Very good exercise is from inverted cross lower through maltese to back lever slowely (few times in a row).

I assume you can go to cross easily like nothing.

Alvaro Antolinez

who doesn´t go easily to cross? no little girls in this forum please! :D

Wangtang6911
hahaha I meant from back lever to nakayama if he wants proceed to the next level :D

Going to cross is pretty easy now, but I still need to work on that pull out of the nakayama.

I tried it the other day without a spot and just tried to tuck my legs in and press as hard as I could, but no dice hahahahaha. I felt myself raising a little bit, but then just fell back down.

I can't do an azarian maltese or azarian cross though so I will need to get on that soon!

Do you have any videos uploaded on anything besides youtube so I can it?

Thanks

Nothing corelathing the real ring strength sorry.

Do first all easier levels of stregth, you can not forget it's an F value or E value if with bounce. And also some moves are harder to learn for somebody then others. My case was I learned azarian maltese (F) before then azarian pike press to inverted cross (D).

This moves are very demanding on a biceps, don't go too quick on to harder progressions (you have a time).