Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

100 pullups. The HARD way.

Guest Ido Portal

Guest Ido Portal

YgCHPB56-_Q

Now this is a feat of not only amazing relative strength, but incredible work capacity to go with it. I wonder if one can go without the other. Respect, I take my hat off.

Ido.

John Sapinoso

Wow, incredible stuff, this guy is awesome. On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

I wonder how long the workout actually took....the scene cuts every few reps.

However long it is exceptionally incredible!

I wonder how long the workout actually took....the scene cuts every few reps.

However long it is exceptionally incredible!

He says (in the vid description on Youtube) that the whole session including rest and walking to the medicine balls etc. took him 28 minutes and 41 seconds.

Jonathan Nasman

Wow, this is absolutely incredible. I didn't even know that many one arm pullup reps was possible.

Very inspiring!

I saw that this morning

Its completely mindblowing

On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

:D Thats actually hilarious

I saw that this morning

Its completely mindblowing

On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

:D Thats actually hilarious

Probably wondering if that is the norm for stronger, more buff, people. I would love to hear the story he tells his school buddies, or some of the kids who think they are hot crap for getting 8+ in gym class. "Eight? That's nothing. Some guy at my gym could probably get that with one arm." I don't think most people have a clue.

I had no idea such a feat was even possible.

At such high reps, anybody have any idea if one arm pullups or chinups would be easier?

I had no idea such a feat was even possible.

At such high reps, anybody have any idea if one arm pullups or chinups would be easier?

OACs are slightly easier

Nick Van Bockxmeer

dWLnaAudDW0

another example of amazing work capacity? Having never used an actual GHR machine, im curious as to know how much extra leverage you get as opposed to just having your feet held in place, or in my case having a stall bar over my achilles.

another example of amazing work capacity? Having never used an actual GHR machine, im curious as to know how much extra leverage you get as opposed to just having your feet held in place, or in my case having a stall bar over my achilles.

It's a lot easier on the machine, but you can adjust the difficulty by moving things around (i.e., making the seat higher or lower). That's also not a full GHR. On a machine, a full GHR would include hip extension.

That was still a great effort...not sure it's worth it though. I'm guessing the next few days he had a ton of DOMS, but maybe at that work capacity, DOMS is a thing of the past...haha.

shiftedShapes

It's a lot easier on the machine, but you can adjust the difficulty by moving things around (i.e., making the seat higher or lower). That's also not a full GHR. On a machine, a full GHR would include hip extension.

That was still a great effort...not sure it's worth it though. I'm guessing the next few days he had a ton of DOMS, but maybe at that work capacity, DOMS is a thing of the past...haha.

For the machine GHR the lower back extension part makes the exercise easier. If you want to do a hard GHR you should try the sorinex poor man's glute ham raise. It is pretty brutal if you keep the posture perfect (even with the hands at your sides). i bought the machine and increased my frequency too much and now I have slight tendonitis at the top outside of the calf. I will have to wait a few weeks to go back to it and then only once a week.

For the machine GHR the lower back extension part makes the exercise easier. If you want to do a hard GHR you should try the sorinex poor man's glute ham raise. It is pretty brutal if you keep the posture perfect (even with the hands at your sides). i bought the machine and increased my frequency too much and now I have slight tendonitis at the top outside of the calf. I will have to wait a few weeks to go back to it and then only once a week.

That Sorinex machine is not for the poor man. I have done GHR on the seated calf raise machine. I have also used a barbell against a wall with pads and weights and a towel to do the GHR. Neither of those cost $300+.

Anyways, I think you might be right about it being easier with hip extension. I've only done it about 2-3 times with hip extension, and I was taught to whip up from the bottom, but I was training for explosiveness, so I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it normally. I'm guessing you are supposed to explode from the bottom, because it'd be insanely hard without doing that.

shiftedShapes

That Sorinex machine is not for the poor man. I have done GHR on the seated calf raise machine. I have also used a barbell against a wall with pads and weights and a towel to do the GHR. Neither of those cost $300+.

Anyways, I think you might be right about it being easier with hip extension. I've only done it about 2-3 times with hip extension, and I was taught to whip up from the bottom, but I was training for explosiveness, so I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it normally. I'm guessing you are supposed to explode from the bottom, because it'd be insanely hard without doing that.

the sorinex pmgh is not the cheapest way to do the exercise but it is the best. I have tried numerous ad hoc arrangements and the only one that was close was using a gymnastics ladder and wall to brace my feet with an aerobic step and pad to secure the legs from below. Alas I do not have regular access to a gymnastics ladder.

Wow, incredible stuff, this guy is awesome. On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

Yeah , i looked at him , he was totaly " w** that guy do so many one arm pull up and me i give all my best to do a simple assisted pull up "

ahaha

Anyway that guy is a beast.