Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Swann BUTEL

Swann BUTEL

Hi every one, 

Since january i work nakayama, i have slow but good result, i'm able to do nakayama with wrist strap now but i seem's to be impossible without i lose the false grip, i don't sure if my form are correct, i need your expert eyes.
this is a video of my nakayama.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhzGZNQHDA4vpD-i5JinMzbPv_l689EeCJhiwY0/?taken-by=swannbuttel

Thx every one 

Alessandro Mainente

-Your elbows are pointed down, this means that the shoulder rotation in the socket is not completed. also, the rings straps are too short. when you move to long straps the things are going to change.

-body is arched in the back lever position

-when you step back on the iron cross the shoulders are too high.

• Upvote 2

Swann BUTEL

Hi alessandro,

Thx for your answer,  i have trouble with shoulder and scap position, i read the scap need to be neutre and i must squeeze my triceps on my lat, but when i go down i feel my chest arch and i loose the tension. should i try with more protracted scapula ?
For my shoulder heigh i agree i work on this but it s long way too feel the perfect position.

have you a video off the perfect technique ?

Alessandro Mainente

Never protract in the iron cross. shoulder must be held in neutral position for best strength effort.

Swann BUTEL

If this one look better, i feel good on my position ?

Edited by Swann BUTEL

Alessandro Mainente

Well, I remember that when I visited a national training center couple of years ago...top gymnasts were not allowed to train this consistently until 15-20 iron cross seconds.

Swann BUTEL

Hi alessandro, 

I have read a post off you speak about 15-20 sec cross hold is a pre req for advanced cross work like nakayama and azarian, in fact i have read all the post about rings in this forum =). i have 15 sec cross hold max,  i have no access to real gym i do ring like i can.
I can press iron cross with 12 kg. I always do isometric like a part off my warm up 

Thx for your recommandation

Alessandro Mainente

In  This case, I would use eccentric from crosses to inverted hand with a straight body passing from the back lever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Swann BUTEL

I alessandro,

I try your exercice for a couple off week,  i think i need te bo more slow i the transition.
Wath do you think ?

• 1 month later...
Swann BUTEL

Some progress off my nakayama,

i realise that my technic is not good, i arch my chest and my body + my shoulder is not in good position.
After look many video i thinks my shoulder need to roll forward at the begining off the moove and on back lever the scapula need to be a little bit protracted and shoulder pointed down.
Is more a fall in back lever than a "swing" look i do.
Critic are welcome