Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would absolutely recommend Fundamentals to anyone on the fence about purchasing

Cooper Robertson

Cooper Robertson

Hey everyone,

I 've been on the fence about purchasing the GB Fundamentals program for a while. since listening to Coach Sommers appearances on Barbell Shrugged and The Time Ferris Podcast. I'm beginning the second block of fundamentals this week and I have already experienced significant improvements in my overall mobility and body awareness.  So,  for anyone else out there who is hesitant about trying the program, I can definitely recommend giving it a go.  

#justdoit

• Like 1

Pauline Taube

Hi Cooper,

Thanks for reaching out and happy to hear that you are enjoying the course.

Please keep us posted with your progress, we’d love to follow your GST journey! 

Cooper Robertson
On 4/10/2018 at 3:52 PM, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Cooper,

Thanks for reaching out and happy to hear that you are enjoying the course.

Please keep us posted with your progress, we’d love to follow your GST journey! 

For sure, I've been struggling with some hand/elbow pain and the wrist stretches are helping a lot. My crab position definitely needs some time to open up as well.

• Like 1

Jon Douglas

This kind of movement, especially daily, is straight up medicine for most adults I have seen, including very strong ones. Just because you aren't hitting iron crosses from day one doesn't mean you don't feel good and improve :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cooper Robertson

ya man, I've been a musician for over 10 years, the wrist stretches are really helping me rehab some overuse issues with my hands and elbows.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Michaël Van den Berg

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I thought it would be a bit redundant to start a new one ...

I was thinking of purchasing GB Fundamentals for my wife, but I really have no clue what sort of exercises are included. From what I've read it seems mostly mobility-oriented. Does the program also contain strength exercises?

Benjamin Nutt
On 5/23/2018 at 2:58 AM, Michaël Van den Berg said:

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I thought it would be a bit redundant to start a new one ...

I was thinking of purchasing GB Fundamentals for my wife, but I really have no clue what sort of exercises are included. From what I've read it seems mostly mobility-oriented. Does the program also contain strength exercises?

It is primarily mobility-oriented, but the positions *will* challenge your strength if you lack the requisite mobility!

The program isn’t intended to be for strength and conditioning. It’s meant to be more of an assessment of your current level in fundamental positions.

If your wife is more interested in strength training, Foundation 1 is the way to go.

• Like 2

Michaël Van den Berg

She would benefit most from upper body strength training (her legs and core are quite strong) and overall mobility work. I've tried to get her on board of F1 but she's not ready (yet?) for that kind of volume and commitment because she is quite busy with other stuff and at the moment she does not consider exercise to be a form of relaxation :P. I might try to get her started with the three upper body exercises + integrated mobility (each once a week) so it doesn't require too much time investment at first.

Luke Searra

@Michaël Van den Berg, the biggest hurdle for most is always getting started. Your idea for getting your wife started with three upper body exercises + integrated mobility (each once a week) so it doesn't require too much time investment at first, is a wonderful starting point. Let us know how she progresses.

• Like 1

Cooper Robertson
On 5/26/2018 at 4:59 PM, Benjamin Nutt said:

It is primarily mobility-oriented, but the positions *will* challenge your strength if you lack the requisite mobility!

This sums up my experience with the GB Fundamentals Program.

I've Completed the program and would recommend Fundamentals. It's vastly improved my sports performance in both Weightlifting and Parkour and is giving me a valuable edge when I practice brazillian ju- jitsu.

I really can not say enough good things about the Fundamentals program. I'm recommending it to my own family as well. It's a minimal time commitment.  I've been program hopping since I started lifting. GB Fundamentals is the first program I bought that I could complete.