Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Restarting GB

Damon Finaldi

Damon Finaldi

Hi guys,

I purchased GB foundations and stretch courses but put everything on hold during my hip surgery rehab. I’ve got back into the gym but tend to gravitate towards strength training.  This is opposite of regaining my mobility and quality of movement. I find I constantly have tight chest, tight left rhomboid/scap/trap, and tight hip flexors.  Should I start back in the beginning? I find the earlier foundation courses not very challenging from a cardiovascular and strength perspective.  The stretch courses are tough but I’m not sure if I should workout on the days with stretch. Any ideas?  Thanks for any feedback and helping. 

Thanks,

Damon

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Damon, You can for sure perform the stretch series after the workout, what type of surgery did you have?

Damon Finaldi

Hi Alessandro,

I've had bilateral hip resurfacing over a 18 months and 24 months ago respectively . http://www.edwinsu.com/hip-resurfacing/ My range of motion is excellent. I'm still experiencing muscular imbalance that tend to load my right tfl, left quad/knee, and left rhomboid/scap. It's all soft tissue/muscular stuff and neuro muscular misfiring. I just want to regain my range of motion and my constantly tight psoas.  

Thanks,
Damon

• 1 month later...
Joachim Hecht

Maybe you restart Foundation 1 with all it's mobility training if overall mobility is your main goal. If the strength part is too easy for you just add some more exercises if regeneration is good enough?

I do a "light" lower body session followed by FS series on one day and MS and TB together on another day. If you do so too you got all your stretches and maybe you can add another day with upper body and core (so twice a week) to challenge you?