Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Knee Popping In Deep Flexion

Robert Gorman

Robert Gorman

I noticed when I was doing a set of seizas on a day where I had some tightness in my posterior knee that when I came to the last 20-30 degrees of flexion that my knee would pop. There was no pain from the pop but it seemed to make my knee tighten up. I saw an ortho who checked the integrity of my ligaments and had me do some meniscus tests of which all seemed         attached and I could perform the tests with no pain. I was traveling this past week so I decided to see if some down time would help. Am back now in my full routine and the popping is still there.

It is not a normal crack or pop that one can produce by purposely cracking their knuckles or neck. It is a big pop that almost feels like my tibia and femur are rubbing up against one another until the pop which feels almost like my tibia is popping into place as a result. 

The only thing that I can think of is that I did overextend my right leg a bit a few days before the popping began. 

Anyone have any ideas, similar experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Robert , sometimes I have the same issue but when the knee pops the range of movements seems to be clear. Not always the air in the joint pops and you need some more reps. if tests for joints are safe do not worry too much.