Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB and muscle mass

Matthew Kramer

Matthew Kramer

I’m a competitive cyclist and love the increased flexibility and strength I’ve gained as I work through Foundation 1. I’m anxious to continue but I don’t want to gain mass. I’m 83kg with under 10% body fat, so I suspect if anything I’ll gain kg’s. What has the general experience been for members as they progress through the Foundation series with regard to gaining excess muscle mass?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Matthew, muss is strongly linked to your diet. if you eat for maintenance you cannot build up mass. this is valid only for obese people.

Matthew Kramer

Thanks for the reply. I should clarify what I was getting at. When I say “mass” I’m referring to muscle mass and bulk from strength training as opposed to weight gain in general. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Matthew, you will certainly gain some muscle weight. That s inevitable. Nevertheless, it won t be as much as in weight lifting and it won t be a huge increase after completing only F1. Of course once you reach the level to progress into serious ring training you will add much more mass. I also want to say it won t happen in a night.

Thomas Hanssen

You won't gain much muscle mass, unless you're in a caloric surplus. Like Allesandro said, you can't gain mass if youre eating according to your maintenance level. Such are the laws of thermodynamics.

You probably get stronger, maybe some bodyrecomposition, but you're already a lean individual so thats hard.