Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Goal setting and realistic expectations

Matthew Del Buono

Matthew Del Buono

Greetings all,

I have been on a fitness journey for a number of years.  It’s kind of ironic b/c I started the journey with gymnastics at a young age but didn’t  have the discipline or maturity to take it serious.  Now 20 plus years later here I am.

I am in my second week of Foundation 1 /Stretch Series/ Handstand 1 and Movement 1.  So far I really like the course layout, progression system and most of all the detailed instructiononal videos.  The foundation days have not been nearly as challenging as the Stretch days.  They are brutal lol.

I want to progress appropriately but I am hitting some road blocks.  The main reason I began this journey was to learn and practice a discipline that allows life longs strenght/flexibility/mobility and a good physique.  I followed many types of weight lifting programs over the years but the results were always the same: moderate strenght/good physique/ injury.  I would progress so far and then injuries happened setting me back to the beginning.  I am sure the injuries were a result a number of factors, but I believe they were a result of poor form due to crappy flexibility/mobility and muscle imbalance. With that said, that’s what brought me to first calisthenics and now gymnastics.  

My dilemma is this.  I want the strength/flexibility/mobility that’s gymnastics offers but since I stopped weight training my body fat has increased and my physique has definitely suffered.  I know that sounds shallow but it’s on my mind.  I know nutrition plays a huge role in physique.  I am followings the thrive program and decreasing my portion sizes.  Aside from that, would anyone please give me some insight on my dilemma? Thanks for the help.

Matt

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Matthew, your diet must always be proportional to your physical activity. If the diet is too much you tend to put on mass, if the opposite you tend to lose it. you need to find the equilibrium.

Oussama KHELLADI

Hi Matthew 

you have to earn your carbs if you follow thrive programe you will gain more willpower to controle  your intake the mots important step is the no carb breakfast 

• Like 1