Christopher Hancox

Gracilis and Semis knee insertion

Alessandro Mainente
On 25/4/2018 at 1:29 AM, Dominik Zbogar said:

I too am sorry for stealing the thread a bit :). Chris in his last post mentioned the distal hamstring insertion, and I am wondering: would such a strategy work for pain at the hamstring where it attaches to the ischium? I have a history of pulled hamstring and that area gets tender with FSs/MSs

Is the previous pull completely solved?

the rehab protocol should include, a returning to a pain-free situation, stretch the tissues, get back the strength of the damaged tissues.

Dominik Zbogar

Hi Alessandro,

pardon my tardy reply, I’m not on here much. 

My hamstring issue does not cause pain day to day. However I can feel that this side is tighter than the other and it loosens up a bit with rolling a lacrosse ball on it. So yes the problem is there, under the surface until I push a bit too hard. 

I can feel it somewhere around the medial hamstring origin if I squeeze my feet together and push them into the ground (while supine). Does your suggestion of v high reps apply in this case? 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Dominik , one of the most important things is that lacrosse and foam roller should not include tendon manipulation. for this reason, I do not include gracilis and semi tend in the muscles I can eventually work with roll therapy.

From your words seems that a normal pattern you described is still painful, you can for sure work the high rep exercise but limiting the range of motion.

Dominik Zbogar

Hi Alessandro-

Thank you for the info! I’ve not heard that one should not roll a tendon. Why is that? Does it make a difference if it is at the muscle-tendon area or is that bad too? 

I started on supine bilateral hip extensions with feet on chair and knees straight. 30 reps and I’m toast.