Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pancake progress : From day 1 (or around) to today

Étienne Lajeunesse

Étienne Lajeunesse

Today was the second day I really felt a big improvement in my pancake.  I thought of sharing for a bit of motivation.  

Yes, I know, my back is rounded, but look at that!  And, no, I'm not pulling myself!

Top - Today

Bottom - A year and a half ago

20180207_205750-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.2a4d45169db8affac7f5488141dc748a.jpg

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Étienne Lajeunesse
2 minutes ago, Suzanna McGee said:

wow impressive!!!!! 

Thank you  Suzanna :)

Barret Schmelz

That is so inspiring. I started GST in mid Dec 17' and I look like your bottom picture. Keep it up and if you have more before and current photos, please post. 

• Like 2

Jonas Berglund

Very inspiering Etienne, when did you start your Middle split Journey? Have you had any breaks from it during that span or have you stayed injury free?

Keep it up warrior :)

Étienne Lajeunesse

Thanks a lot guys :)

8 hours ago, Barret Schmelz said:

Keep it up and if you have more before and current photos, please post. 

I will ;)

4 hours ago, Jonas Berglund said:

Very inspiering Etienne, when did you start your Middle split Journey? Have you had any breaks from it during that span or have you stayed injury free?

Keep it up warrior :)

I started around feb-jan 2016.  Had stopped for about 5-6 months before coming back and get to work more seriously, so around august 2016.  I've got hip imbalances that slowed me in my progress (stiff right leg) and I'm fixing it now.  As you can see, it works pretty well!

Jonas Berglund
16 minutes ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Thanks a lot guys :)

I will ;)

I started around feb-jan 2016.  Had stopped for about 5-6 months before coming back and get to work more seriously, so around august 2016.  I've got hip imbalances that slowed me in my progress (stiff right leg) and I'm fixing it now.  As you can see, it works pretty well!

Seems like youre doing a great job, im working against unbalanced hips myself, (seems like very many martial artists(former and/or current) are having this problem) so I have a decent understanding of the hard work you have put in.

what are some of the biggest game changers for you when it comes to fixing your hips and gaining mobility? And you are forbidden to answer consistency ;)

keep going man!

• Like 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
4 hours ago, Jonas Berglund said:

Seems like youre doing a great job, im working against unbalanced hips myself, (seems like very many martial artists(former and/or current) are having this problem) so I have a decent understanding of the hard work you have put in.

what are some of the biggest game changers for you when it comes to fixing your hips and gaining mobility? And you are forbidden to answer consistency ;)

keep going man!

Yeah, same here, Taekwon-Do practitioner for the last 16 years!

I am followed by an athletic therapist and he gives me A LOT of stabilization exercises for the core and hips.  My right glute was my primary problem and strengthening it (it's been 4 months now since I started my rehab) has helped me with my flexibility.  I'm not done yet, but I start to see the results.  

Apart of that, consistency is the key ahaha 

Keep working hard :)

• Like 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
3 hours ago, Jennifer Marie said:

Great job Etienne, wonderful improvements!!

Thanks Jennifer :)

Étienne Lajeunesse
12 minutes ago, Johan Tideland said:

Awesome work Etienne! its is good inspiration :)

Thanks Johan!

Étienne Lajeunesse
3 hours ago, Affan Osman said:

Awesome job! In the beginning did you use blocks or other elevated surface for your pancake?

Thanks Osman!  Yes, couldn't bend without one, as you can see ahah

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Matthew, if you make this question in the middle split private course i will answer you personally.