Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Addressing areas of particularly poor mobility

Jared Johnston

Jared Johnston

A bit of background first, I've been doing the GB Ultimate for about 3 weeks now with the suggested workout schedule. I started GB in the hope that it will fix a niggling injury. I've had some lower back pain and stiffness for months, probably due to squatting through pain (silly, I know). I've seen 4 physios about it. Some think it's a bulging disk, some don't, but none of them think its a big deal and that I just need to build a stronger core and glutes.

While doing the workouts I've noticed that I can get back pain doing stiff leg windmills, particularly if I can't focus on an aggressive anterior pelvic tilt. My mobility in this exercise is very poor. There are several other exercises where my mobility seems especially poor - pancake, pancake shoulder, pike, and vertical lunge (due to quads).

I feel like maybe I should be doing these exercises and stretches more, but in one of the stretching routines, I heard Coach Sommer say that doing it once a week might slow down progress. I don't want to over stretch but I feel like I need to address these areas. Is there any way I can address my problematic areas by, say, shorter duration stretches a few times a week?

Cheers,
Jared

Pauline Taube

Hi Jared,

Thanks for reaching out!

please submit a form check of these exercises, this way we will be able to provide you with further suggestions.

remember to never train through pain, ease of the intensity of the exercises that are painful or avoid these movements 

looking forward to follow your training here :) 

• Like 1