Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do i have to look for other programs?

Jacob  Lindqvist

Jacob  Lindqvist

I feel as if this program, foundations works as a compliment for some other training. I train the foundation program every week, but it feels as if I should be doing more. Can you help me make some training that looks more like a program?Should I implement the foundations several times in a week? How can I train for an example as a gymnast or as close as possible to it?

thankful for any help and suggestions 

regards, Jacob Lindqvist 

• Like 1

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Jacob,

You will soon enough reach hard elements in foundation.  Beside, I suggest you to send form checks videos to be sure that you're doing the exercises correctly. 

If you reach plateaus and you feel you can do more, you can add up a second training in your week.  You'll see at that point that It'll be pretty intense on your body and recovery.  You'll have to take your steps to train like a gymnast since they have a lot more work capacity with their years of experience and training.  Be patient and consistent :)

• Like 2

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Jacob Lindqvist said:

I feel as if this program, foundations works as a compliment for some other training. I train the foundation program every week, but it feels as if I should be doing more. Can you help me make some training that looks more like a program?Should I implement the foundations several times in a week? How can I train for an example as a gymnast or as close as possible to it?

thankful for any help and suggestions 

regards, Jacob Lindqvist 

Hi Jacob, I suggest you work no more than 2 times a week the foundations. If you split the work into 2 sessions like the course suggests, you can repeat it 2 times like A,B, rest, A,B. 

For now, it is fine, you can consider adding the Handstand one course, this is a choice that in the long term leads to fast results.

• Like 1

Listen to Alessandro!

And, if you do no other sports and are bored with too much free time, you might consider adding the movement programm; this is maybe what you are looking for if you want to train <as a gymnast or as close as possible to it>

• Like 2

Jennifer Marie

Hi Jacob, there are plenty of athletes here that have other passions like lifting, running, etc, if it's variety that you want. Be aware that multiple sports means you can't focus as much on the individual activities and likely need more recovery time, so you'll progress slower. I agree with Etienne, you will reach more difficult progressions soon enough, so while it may feel like you have more to give currently, it doesn't usually last long. This is a full program on its own, and you will get more limber and stronger if you're dedicated to the process.

• Like 3

Jacob  Lindqvist

Thanks everyone for the help!

i agree that I have to be more patient. I have already added the handstand and movement pack. I find that if I add another exercise that is of a lower difficulty from core, for an example I do both pe7 and PE6 so I have a total of 6 exercises on core. 

Is that a good strategy? Do you suggest I do something different?

It is true I need to be more frequent with my form checks...

On 2018-01-17 at 3:20 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jacob, I suggest you work no more than 2 times a week the foundations. If you split the work into 2 sessions like the course suggests, you can repeat it 2 times like A,B, rest, A,B. 

For now, it is fine, you can consider adding the Handstand one course, this is a choice that in the long term leads to fast results.

On 2018-01-17 at 12:21 PM, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Hi Jacob,

You will soon enough reach hard elements in foundation.  Beside, I suggest you to send form checks videos to be sure that you're doing the exercises correctly. 

If you reach plateaus and you feel you can do more, you can add up a second training in your week.  You'll see at that point that It'll be pretty intense on your body and recovery.  You'll have to take your steps to train like a gymnast since they have a lot more work capacity with their years of experience and training.  Be patient and consistent :)

Pauline Taube

Hi Jacob,

I recommend to stick with your current progression, master it and then move on to the next. This will save you both time and energy in order to fully master each progression :) 

We are looking forward to your videos!