Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using videos and finding training space/studio

Nicholas Johnson 296140

Nicholas Johnson 296140

Hi everyone!

I just joined and am starting to work through the fundamentals, foundation, and stretching videos. Just had a couple questions about how everyone structures workouts.

1. Do most of you just keep the video open while working through the exercises? For example, the middle split video is about 45 minutes long. Just crushes my phone battery :). Thinking it might make sense to watch a couple times then write out all the sequences and times. 

2. How do you all find training space/studios with good equipment? Right now I just belong to my local community center fitness centers so things like stall bars and rings aren't really available. I tried looking for gymnastics studios but it seems most of the locations in my area are tailored to kids/juniors. Just curious how folks are working around that or if there are other types of facilities I could look for that would work. 

Thanks for any responses and looking forward to getting started on this journey!

-Nick

Étienne Lajeunesse
On 11/01/2018 at 12:03 PM, Nicholas Johnson 296140 said:

Hi everyone!

I just joined and am starting to work through the fundamentals, foundation, and stretching videos. Just had a couple questions about how everyone structures workouts.

1. Do most of you just keep the video open while working through the exercises? For example, the middle split video is about 45 minutes long. Just crushes my phone battery :). Thinking it might make sense to watch a couple times then write out all the sequences and times. 

2. How do you all find training space/studios with good equipment? Right now I just belong to my local community center fitness centers so things like stall bars and rings aren't really available. I tried looking for gymnastics studios but it seems most of the locations in my area are tailored to kids/juniors. Just curious how folks are working around that or if there are other types of facilities I could look for that would work. 

Thanks for any responses and looking forward to getting started on this journey!

-Nick

Hey Nicolas,

Welcome to GB forum!

1. For your first question, it it recommended to follow the videos to have the right tempos and training time.  It's the same for the stretch series.  However, since it takes a lot of batteries, I often go the course library and find every series exercises.  I set my timer and I'm good to go!  But, be sure to know how to do every elements first.

2. For my part, I train in my gym.  I use barbells and racks as stallbars.  If you don't have any rings, buy a pair and bring them with you.

Don't hesitate if you have other questions!

Hope it helps :)

• Like 2

Michael Vetter

1. I only watch the stretch series while doing it. For the others I note down what I need to do. There is no wifi in my gym.

2. I train in a climbing gym. Sometimes you have to find workarounds for certain things. Not everywhere you have access to the perfect equipment.

• Like 2

Hey Nicholas,

To answer your questions:

1. I keep the video open, using my tablet with the brightness setting on low so battery power isn't much of an issue. 

2. The handstand 1/2 and the stretch courses use minimal equipment, so train at home. Although, certain excercies require specific equipment (ex. Stall Bars), with a little creativity or searching through the forums for ideas, you will be able to make due.

If you got questions ask, otherwise I hope this helps!

Suzanna McGee

When I used to do my stretches in the gym, I printed out all the exercises to have with me, and measured the time… eventually, and I find it SO much better, I do my stretch series later in the evening before I go to sleep, at home. I found that my mind is tired in the evening, and the stretch feels like a mediation. I turn the video on, listen to Coach and just relax into it…  I'd highly recommend that :)

All the training… I eventually bought my own stall bars for my living room. I wish I've done it MUCH earlier. Now I do all my workouts at home. 

• Like 2