Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

#Goals

Ryan Bailey

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year,

I am curious if anyone has goals for the year... flexibility? Strength? Weight loss? Agility, cardio, or jump rope skills?

Have a great 2-thousand-one-eight!

Ryan

3.thumb.jpg.a6a3ea70f5609f043294b192d652b9dd.jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Finish Foundation 1.  That was my goal for last year too.  

This year, it might actually be a realistic goal. (:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey Ryan, happy new year to you!

GB has so many things that I want to work on and achieve! But for this year I want to get at least my splits and full bridge.  

What about yours? :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Suzanna McGee

I want to do a free-standing handstand this year!! I am so ready for it  :P   Also on the pole, I want to do something called Ayesha (picture below), and I think if I am capable of a handstand, I should be capable of Ayesha. (and then of course, I have some non-athletic goals, like earning an Advanced Communicator in Toastmasters, and learn Spanish, just some of them). 

111-butt-out-in-my-ayesha-final-web.jpg

• Like 5

Douglas Wadle

Hi Ryan, here's mine (strength/movement goals only - I also have competition goals, but will spare you :) ):

• Full front lever x 10 seconds 
  • Open planche x 30 seconds
  • Full depth HSPU 5x5 sets
  • Pancake: to allow me to progress on in the press handstand 
  • A pretty cartwheel and true consistency on my handstands
  • Negative Side Lever Pulls
  • Full bridge inside out rotations
  • Muscle up 5x5 sets
  • Deadlift 2x BW
  • Pull-ups, 20x single set (dead hang)

I'm hoping all of these are all doable.  I'm very close on most of them.  My current training cycle runs until the end of the summer, so that is when they're due.  Your mobility is looking awesome.  I can see you've put on some muscle in those shoulders and upper back...keep up the good work.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Douglas Wadle said:

Hi Ryan, here's mine (strength/movement goals only - I also have competition goals, but will spare you 

Nice goals! Pretty ambitious, I like that :)  What are your competition goals?  The list is big?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Antonio Alías Montoya

My goals are at least 90  degrees angle pike and pancake, be able to start bridge work and to master F1 or close.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
4 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

to master F1 or close.

That's a great goal! I would too :)

• Like 2

Suzanna McGee
4 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Sorry, I don't get it...

I guess you didn't read my post… look at it and you will get it… :D

Étienne Lajeunesse
2 minutes ago, Suzanna McGee said:

I guess you didn't read my post… look at it and you will get it… :D

Oh ok ahahah! I did, but too fast!

• Like 2

Douglas Wadle
14 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

What are your competition goals?  The list is big?

My competition list is just my goals for the cross country ski racing season, which ends in late March.  The conditions and speed and competition in cross country ski racing can be highly variable; so unlike w/ road running, the times can be highly variable and don't make a good "goal".  I usually couch these goals in terms of "time back" from the leader, or "top 10%", or something along those lines instead.  Same goes for trail running, where you could run more than an hour or 2 different on two different courses, depending on ascent/descent, technicality of terrain, etc.  

• Like 2

Étienne Lajeunesse

@Douglas Wadle,

There are so many variables for competitions and I understand completely that it's not always easy to set clear goals.  But that's still a nice one to pursue.  It gets you on a baseline.  And GST does help for that?

Jennifer Marie

I'm still fleshing out goals for this year, but some still in the running are: 
100# snatch
Bodyweight clean & jerk
(I'm a weightlifter first)
Ten in a row pull-ups
Single-leg squat
Free-standing handstand
Finish F1 (probably should be a stretch goal - maybe finish half)
Consistent, steady improvement in mobility

Hey Suzanna, estoy tambien apprendiendo espanol. Hablame cuando estes lista. :) 

• Like 4

Jennifer Marie
2 minutes ago, Jonas Berglund said:

@Ryan Bailey

Great topic! 

Front split on both legs and master PE2 of every F1 element.

Yes, they are crushing me :)

I'm at PE2 on four of foundations, plus H1. PE2 seems to be a defining movement, a place to test our resolve and grit.

• Like 2

Jennifer Marie

@Douglas Wadle 

"Pancake: to allow me to progress on in the press handstand"

My pancake is awful, and is currently on hold due to a hip issue that flared up just for the mid split series. But, I'm so sorely tempted to start the press to handstand workouts because I love being inverted. How far down H2 did you get stuck because of your pancake mobility? I'm not looking for secret peeks into the program, but just trying to decide if I could get started, or if I'm better off waiting until I can work on pancake again.

Thanks!

Antonio Alías Montoya
1 hour ago, Jonas Berglund said:

@Ryan Bailey

Great topic! 

Front split on both legs and master PE2 of every F1 element.

Yes, they are crushing me :)

I hope I d master pe 2's before this summer!

• Like 3

Elias Lehtinen

Great topic!

Here is my list of goals.

Mastery of rcpe1, hbp pe2, flpe2, mnpe2 and hs1 pe2im. So better shoulder mobility, pike and pancake. Pretty humble list, but after those its going to be so much easier, right?:D

• Like 3

Douglas Wadle
7 hours ago, Jennifer Marie said:

My pancake is awful, and is currently on hold due to a hip issue that flared up just for the mid split series. But, I'm so sorely tempted to start the press to handstand workouts because I love being inverted. How far down H2 did you get stuck because of your pancake mobility? I'm not looking for secret peeks into the program, but just trying to decide if I could get started, or if I'm better off waiting until I can work on pancake again.

PE8 or PE9.  You might be able to squeak by up to that point.  It is some good trap training, so may be worth going for it as you work on the mobility side.  Best of luck!

• Like 1

Suzanna McGee
11 hours ago, Jennifer Marie said:

But, I'm so sorely tempted to start the press to handstand workouts because I love being inverted.

I started the H2 long time ago, still being in the beginning of H1 (I think PE8). You can go for it, because I think you probably will be in the lower PEs for a while, and you can keep improving your straddle meanwhile. 

• Like 1

My goal for 2017 was to rehab my right shoulder to a reasonable function for work, all days life, easy bouldering, and beeing able to start all Upper body exercises.
√√√√ all achieved :)
plus started my 2018 with "test" of straight pull up and wall handstand:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdf3hbOg5iEQw_x8VQS3vkATivzoFuQ5sC0Sik0/?taken-by=_pippi_

Goals in GST: working on my handstand, my splits, my pulling (now on PE 2) and HBP (currently on PE 1,5)
Goal in bouldering: a level of Fb 7a/7b (V6/V7) for the summer

My intention is to do some physical exercise every day, giving me 1 "lazy day" per week :icon_cool:

Have a healthy, successfull and prosperous 2018 everybody!

• Like 3