Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lifting + FSP

Ronan  Taaffe

Hey.  I am currently training a lot of BJJ/Wrestling  and only do lifting 2x a week.  I have the foundation series etc but right now i am focusing on some weightlifting and other movements.  I do however enjoy training the Front lever and Back lever alone in their progression states and was wondering should i put them first in my routine every time?  E.g  If i was doing squats and bench or Deadlift/Rowing movements..would doing some FL/BL before those be detrimental to those lifts or would those lifts be more detrimental to the FL/BL if the FSP is done after. Thanks :)

Alessandro Mainente

I think that basically, you need to understand priority. For example, due to the lats activation, i would not do deadlift before front lever if front lever it is my goal. Another example I would not do planche of back lever with high intensity after bench-pressing because your rotator cuff are anterior deltoids are already tired out. So as you can see, understand your priority first.

• Like 1

Mhm.  Well it seems doing them before those lifts would be the best option. How much negative effect it will have on them i will just have to see.