Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pins and needles issue

Sam Marschall

Sam Marschall

hi 

I get achy pins and needles in my hands and fore arms at night, “ Carple tunnel type symptoms “

I feel like it stems from my peck minor and collar bone area, any tips or advice freeing up that area

Cheers

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Sam, did you check for a physio?

I'm sorry about your problems but the computer keyboard diagnosis has practically no utility for you because no one could be able to test you for a specific problem.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey there @Sam Marschall

Sounds like something that could be related to the muscle tension. The most accurate answer to this question can only be provided by a licensed medical professional/ therapist. 

Generally, this involves stretching the neck, upper back, chest, and shoulders. I'd check with a physician and get started on treating the issue. The GB Courses are a great follow up to help alleviate the tension.

Sam Marschall

I’ve been down the physo path over a 6 month period, they just adjust my neck, ultra sound my wrist and then recommend carpal tunnel surgery. I don’t think that’s the answer. Wondering if any one else has similar issues and what they’ve tried and tested?.

Hello Sam,

Chiropractic adjustments and ultra sound will not address the primary issue; a lack of mobility thoughout the pec, biceps, forearms and wrist.

Time to get to work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Matthias Schwartz

Sam, as someone who had carpal tunnel surgery 30 years ago when it was little known, I say "don't do it". The cure is worse than the disease, and I can't recommend that surgery one bit. It sounds like the nerve pain isn't even originating in the wrist but more from the brachial plexus. Coach Sommer's advice is spot on. Get a better diagnosis on where the nerve pain's cause is (I'm betting it's not the wrist) and then get to work on improving your upper body mobility. The mobility work we do here works wonders, given enough time (3-6 months).

Regards,

Matt

Christopher Hancox

Hi Sam,

I have had similar nerve problems and been through similar back and forth to the physio with them focusing on my neck. It wasn't till I found a better informed physio that systematically worked down the neural chain (neck to finger tips) releasing tight areas with massage. I eventually found the main tension in my chest and bicep. Once this was figured out I could then focus my stretching on a specific area. Handstand PE2 iM works wonders for me.

• Like 3