Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Probiotic Recommendation

Aaron Stahl

Anyone have a specific brand of probiotic they recommend?  It seems like there's a ton of 'snake oil' out there.  Coach Sommer referenced probiotics in his Tim Ferris podcast but didn't name the brand.  Any help here would be great.  Thanks!

I recommend Klaire Labs probiotics.  It is important to ensure that the vendor will ship the probiotics packed with a cold pack.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 5

Jonas Berglund

Thank you coach. Ill look out for a european seller for those. (USA to sweden and those icepacks are probably melted when delivered).

One follow up question if anyone knows, is it true probiotics Should  be swaped/mixed up Every 5-7 day because our Bodies get used to Them (If they are presented the same way over and over) and are No longer functioning the way we want?

if true, i still see merits to use klaire labs in cycles with other probiotics, preferably from food.

• 7 months later...
Antonio Alías Montoya
On 12/11/2017 at 10:35 AM, Jonas Berglund said:

Thank you coach. Ill look out for a european seller for those. (USA to sweden and those icepacks are probably melted when delivered).

One follow up question if anyone knows, is it true probiotics Should  be swaped/mixed up Every 5-7 day because our Bodies get used to Them (If they are presented the same way over and over) and are No longer functioning the way we want?

if true, i still see merits to use klaire labs in cycles with other probiotics, preferably from food.

Hey Jonas, I just read that and was wondering if you found some good probiotics in Europe? 

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Berglund

Hey @Antonio Alías Montoya, sorry about the late reply Ive been sick (pneumonia) for several weeks and not been able to train so havent been much on GB forums of late.

I did not buy Claire labs probiotic, to much trouble. However im using another probiotic supplement from sweden who seem to do its work.Im trying to cycle it with good probiotics from food like sourkreuk etc to not get used to the same probiotics all the time. 

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey GB community asking probiotic questions. My general recommendations for my patients is to mix up the probiotic they are taking every couple of months throughout the year. I'm a fan Klaire labs as well as many other brands. It is most important to check on the dosing and to make sure they are getting a multi flora probiotic. A low dose recommendation for a patient in my office would be 20 billion live bacteria daily. For therapeutic support, I tend towards 50 billion or more. If someone is taking an antibiotic, in addition to a quality probiotic, they should be getting 5 to 10 billion of saccharomyces boulardii daily as well. Some probiotics contain Sac. B., and some do not. It is a must if on an antibiotic.

I'm a big fan of culture foods. And in general I think we should be trying to include/mix them into our diet as much as possible. But for someone needing to work on their gut, you can't get enough beneficial bacteria through cultured food. It is important to take a probiotic supplement. Hope that is helpful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jonas Berglund

Awesome response Peter, I thought all the bacterias was killed in combinqtion with antibiotics. I havent used them simontaniously for this reason. So there is a reason to go around this problem with the ”sacca-something” you just wrote about. Cool, Will look that stuff up! 

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.