Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training with minor injuries (upper hamstring)

Eric Roberts 277658

Eric Roberts 277658

Hello,

Is there a recommended protocol (Foundation / Stretch Series) for dealing with minor injuries/pain?

Personally about a month ago I must have managed to injure my upper right hamstring. I'm not entirely certain from what since I didn't feel any sudden discomfort that I can remember. My best guess may be from a pull through perhaps? However in certain straddled positions I can still definitely feel tightness and pain in my upper hamstring. It seems very isolated and specific.

So the general question is how to proceed with training? Since it's been around for so long I'm going to be seeking outside professional help, but is it just a general rule of thumb if it causes pain, don't do it at all? Or are the stretch series or any of the foundation series actually beneficial to rehab and the motions should be done anyway even with some pain? Or is it case by case specific?

Thanks for your time,

- Eric

Pauline Taube

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear that you injured your hamstring. It's definitely a rule of thumb to not do anything that causes pain to begin with. You should not do anything to aggravate it atm. I highly recommend to get a physio or other medical professional to asses you. If there are any movements that could be beneficial for rehab, these should be prescribed after you got an in person diagnosis. It's impossible to give you any further advices behind a monitor. 

I wish you a speedy recovery, and keep us updated on how you go!!

Eric Roberts 277658

Good to know! I guess that means I have to cut exercises for the time being.

Thanks for the response!

Pauline Taube

Sounds wise, Eric. Spend the time being to focus on other areas of your training i.e shoulder mobility. You can still do any movement that doesn't cause any pain :)

• Like 1