Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Static hold max durations

Kovacs Marton

Kovacs Marton

Hello everyone!

I'm writing to you because I'm kind of stuck in my training progress (or at least progressing much slower than i used to).I'm a street workout athlete, everything im able to do i taught myself, I never sought professional advice up to this point.I can do 15 seconds front lever with good form, I can hold it for much longer but after that, the form isn't acceptable for me any longer so it doesn't count.I can do a straddle planche good form for 6-8 seconds if I aim for maximum hold, and a full planche for maximum of 4 seconds if I'm fully rested.

I'd like to know if there was a specific method to further increase my hold on FL.(I aim for 40 seconds).I'd also like to know how to extend my control over my full planche so that I'm able to hold it for longer durations.My straddle planche annoys me the most, because strength-wise I don't find it that difficult anymore, but i struggle to hold it for longer than 8 seconds, and i can't seem to increase that duration.

I thank you for your any advice in advance.

Hello Kavocs,

Gymnasticbodies has specific front lever dedicated strength programming, that runs through Foundations 1-4. Inside the Foundations 1-4 you will find all of the strength and integrated mobility programming you will need to cover any physical preparation holes and reach your 40 second front lever goal. You will also find dedicated strength programming through F1-4 that cover straddle planche specifically as well as side lever, manna, rope climb, single leg squat (pistol), and hollow back press. We would love to have you join us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Generally speaking your overall "Core" strength needs further development and it will take several years to develop the connective tissue strength you need.

For your questions/ponderings. See Luke Searra's post directly above. Otherwise... "Routine Advice"

• Like 1