Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

learning new movements

Michael Vetter

Michael Vetter

What is a good strategy for learning new movements?

Is it like doing it every day for for 10 minutes makes the brain-body connection better? 4 hours every day? I guess its not like strength work so I would like to learn some principles of aquiring and then mastering new movements. Making them efficient and so all the actions and coordination works in synchronicity.

I am sure there is some research into this, it seems I just don't find the right terms to search..

Alessandro Mainente

In order to develop a movement you should:

-FIRST, understand the cinematic

-then break in down into steps

-then work through general physical preparation in order to have the basic strength

-then work on specific physical preparation

-once specific physical preparation it is achieved you can do the movement on daily basis, using a fixed number of reps (e.g 10 reps) and try to perform correct reps in a few attempts as possible. when you reach 10/10 at the first try you're done.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
Étienne Lajeunesse
On 03/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

In order to develop a movement you should:

-FIRST, understand the cinematic

-then break in down into steps

-then work through general physical preparation in order to have the basic strength

-then work on specific physical preparation

-once specific physical preparation it is achieved you can do the movement on daily basis, using a fixed number of reps (e.g 10 reps) and try to perform correct reps in a few attempts as possible. when you reach 10/10 at the first try you're done.

In Tumbling 1 for example, is there a point where we can work on the elements everyday?

Alessandro Mainente

Well, it depends on the element. if it requires the handstand then it is a specific element requirement. if you have it then you are in the place of doing it more frequently. if not you shouldn't.

• Upvote 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Well, it depends on the element. if it requires the handstand then it is a specific element requirement. if you have it then you are in the place of doing it more frequently. if not you shouldn't.

In this case all rolling elements without hs are good to go?

Alessandro Mainente

If you have a solid bent hollow body hold then you can practice them more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1