Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Home Ring Setup

JoeSimo

So, the other day I was in the backyard looking at an unused overgrown spot and I got an idea. Why not clear out the area and build a ring tower. Everyone said I was nuts, yet to me this made perfect sense. Anyways after 2 days of work I finally finished.

Now I have the luxury of working on more interesting stuff while home. Woo Hoo!!

n524978076_423922_7773.jpg

George Launchbury

Hi JoeSimo,

Great work! My wife is now worried that I am going to try and talk her into letting me build one in our back garden!! :)

Cheers,

George.

P.s. Moved this post to Equipment, as it seemed more appropriate.

George Launchbury

No worries. If it didn't need to be so high, I might have convinced her it was a heavy-duty swing set for the kids!!! :roll:

George.

Dope, I was thinking about making a rig like that in my backyard, what did you use on your setup I want to get some ideas.

I basically just used 4x4's with some cross bracing. seems to work out pretty well so far. Although I dont plan to be doing any giant swings or anything on them. I just wanted a setup I could use for my strength conditioning without hitting the ceiling or something if I went into a handstand.

Yeah its more stable that way. otherwise there is some slight give each way. That slight movement is amplified 15 feet up and felt in the rings. SO some strong support is needed.

Joey thats cool. A little too cool! I gotta check that out when I get back from FL. Maybe we'll do 5 hours at Island Rock and finish up with a 2 hour ring session! haha