Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fundamentals Workout Question

Brandon Rainbolt

Brandon Rainbolt

Hi there,

I'm getting started with Fundamentals. The videos do a great job of explaining the movements, but I'm left uncertain about how many times or for how long I should try for each movement. The "follow along" sections of the videos are sometime literally 15-20 seconds long. Is that the actual recommendation for this program at this point? The "common issues" video of day 2 briefly mentioned in passing increasing from holding for 5 seconds to 10 seconds to 15 seconds, but the instructional video makes no mention of such an approach. 

Im excited about getting started (even at a very basic level), but I'm also left confused about how to proceed at this point. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Hey @Brandon Rainbolt

Welcome to GymnasticBodies! For Fundamentals there is no need to count sets and reps as the purpose of each movement is to reveal your strengths and mobility deficits.

we generally recommend performing each movement for a block of time. Say five minutes for each movement, resting as needed. In total your workout should last around 10-15 min.

once you complete Fundamentals you will move onto Foundation One, where you will begin to count sets and reps.

Does this help make things clear?

Brandon Rainbolt
6 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

Hey @Brandon Rainbolt

Welcome to GymnasticBodies! For Fundamentals there is no need to count sets and reps as the purpose of each movement is to reveal your strengths and mobility deficits.

we generally recommend performing each movement for a block of time. Say five minutes for each movement, resting as needed. In total your workout should last around 10-15 min.

once you complete Fundamentals you will move onto Foundation One, where you will begin to count sets and reps.

Does this help make things clear?

Yes, that is very helpful - thank you. If possible, please add those suggestions to the Fundamentals introduction so other people can get the information at the start. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3