Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stall bars installment

Étienne Lajeunesse

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey everyone,

I'm currently training in a gym where there's no stall bars.  For now it's ok, but later I'll need one for sure.  I was thinking about buying one, but I'm not sure how the walls would support it with me using it.  Do you guys know if there's a risk of damaging them?  I live in an apartment on the second floor by the way.

Thanks a lot :)

Suzanna McGee

Me too, apartment on the second floor. You find the studs in the wall. There are only 4 screws, 2 up, 2 down… The damage to the wall should be minimal. 

• Like 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
3 minutes ago, Suzanna McGee said:

Me too, apartment on the second floor. You find the studs in the wall. There are only 4 screws, 2 up, 2 down… The damage to the wall should be minimal. 

And it's strong enough so the stall bars won't fall while playing with it (and tear off the wall)?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Benjamin Renaud

I have 3 backer boards (mounting boards) on my stall bar and I screwed into 3 studs on each board (9 screws total) with 4 inch screws. Holds me and my 4 kids playing on it (over 300 pounds) easily.

If you have questions Étienne I'd be happy to chat on the phone and answer them. A guy from Montreal used my plans to make a set of bars and the pull-up/dip attachment, he called me to ask a few questions and even asked me to get the metal hooks made for him in Magog and came to pick them up. I'm here to help/share knowledge that I have anytime.

• Like 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
4 hours ago, Benjamin Renaud said:

I have 3 backer boards (mounting boards) on my stall bar and I screwed into 3 studs on each board (9 screws total) with 4 inch screws. Holds me and my 4 kids playing on it (over 300 pounds) easily.

If you have questions Étienne I'd be happy to chat on the phone and answer them. A guy from Montreal used my plans to make a set of bars and the pull-up/dip attachment, he called me to ask a few questions and even asked me to get the metal hooks made for him in Magog and came to pick them up. I'm here to help/share knowledge that I have anytime.

Hey Benjamin, thanks for the input!  I'd really be interested.  By the way, I suppose you speak french?

• Like 1