Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ring muscle up form check

Jin Liu

Alessandro Mainente

During the ring dip I prefer to to rings parallel and not turned it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

During the ring dip I prefer to to rings parallel and not turned it.

Thanks! I will work on that. Is the transition ok, or do my hands need to be lower and closer to my body? 

Alessandro Mainente

If you are in doubt about the quality of the transition simply do it slower. but for me it is ok.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

By now I’m convinced that the slow negative is the best in building strength. I’ve built a lot of elbow strength with the ring mu negative. Here inspired by a GB athlete, I tried some negative with a micropause during the transition. Am I pausing at the right position according to the video? Hope you can see the pause, lol! How’s this compared to the overall slow transition? I feel both are equally hard, but I may not be the best person in judging this.. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Nick Murray said:

Smooth as silk, Jin :)  Legs absolutely rock-solid! Well done!

Thank you!!!! I was so psyched it happened. Never done a L sit muscle up before, or a slow muscle up. All that core work and upper body work from the foundation paid off!! :D 

• Like 5

Alessandro Mainente

Hei Jin , note that the goal of the L-sit muscle up it is to never drop the legs below the horizontal position.

44 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hei Jin , note that the goal of the L-sit muscle up it is to never drop the legs below the horizontal position.

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente. Does that mean when the body leans forward in the transition, the legs need to be brought closer to the body in order to remain horizontal? Or the body cannot lean forward?

Alessandro Mainente

The ideal situation it is when you begin to lean less , in this way you do not need to compress the legs on the body.

this is what's happening with L-muscle up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The ideal situation it is when you begin to lean less , in this way you do not need to compress the legs on the body.

this is what's happening with L-muscle up.

That’s beast! That’s a whole next level!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2017 at 5:50 PM, Jin Liu said:

Thank you!!!! I was so psyched it happened. Never done a L sit muscle up before, or a slow muscle up. All that core work and upper body work from the foundation paid off!! :D 

May I ask how much of the Foundations (and to what stage) you had covered before your MU happened? How long did that journey take you? Starting where & time / major milestones? 

Alessandro Mainente

There is no fixed moment. it depends... sometimes people are stronger enough but they don't understand technique...something they do.

Avi Samuel
On 6/28/2019 at 4:49 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

There is no fixed moment. it depends... sometimes people are stronger enough but they don't understand technique...something they do.

Of course. But just knowing of peoples starting points & timelines & patience gives us some insight into how long the haul could be.. Hope & patience & effort & time.