Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Girl Manna

jutajata

Wait till 3:10.

Unbelievable.

What kind of training these people do for shoulder endurance?

She practically stands the whole 4m30s in her hands and didnt seemed too much tired at the end.

OfEYPx0z2Tc

Handbalancer from Sweeden do you know any drill to improve the endurance and strength for so many straight arm press ups that she did in the performance? If i try some press ups after 3min on handstands my shoulders just cant handle and my elbows have to bent to move the hips up.

Arevik Seyranyan is absolutely amazing! There was an earlier thread posted which introduced me to her (Thanks jansonmstein).

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3409

look at her YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lusine2001#p/u/7/qK0itWP2Jn0 and you can see her practicing, so relaxed. I guess thats what can happen when you are on your hands from babyhood.

What blows my mind is how she is so strong yet very very supple you can see how there is no residual tension in her shoulders or thoracic spine even after that very demanding routine.

edit:fixed the name thanks nickvb!

Nick Van Bockxmeer

her name is Arevik Seyranyan. Actually her real first name is Anait but she seems to use arevik more often.

theres also videos of her doing tissu and hoop but not as good as her handbalancing which is awesome.

Alvaro Antolinez

Manna with shoulder dislocate to handstand :shock: :shock: :shock: didn´t know it is possible!

Yeah, I've seen the manna dislocate to HS in Balance Beam routines before besides men's floor.

Are there any videos of men's floor examples? It would be interesting to see.

edit:

Its on page 43 of the pdf. Its a C if you don't hold the handstand and D with a 2 sec. hold. Interesting, didn't realize it was that common. Still would love to see some more examples.

Mikael Kristiansen

She is extremely good and has endurance from another world. She is from a circus family and has been trained since she was a toddler. Most of the extreme handbalancers you see have trained their entire lives to be able to build such control, but there are a lot of good ones that started out later in their lives. My friend was visiting the circus school in Kiev, THE circus school for handstand and he had seen(part of) a video of a guy changing 1 arm positions for an entire hour. Then you have the chinese, who are on a totally different level alltogether.

Then againg, for example Artur, the handbalancer who is doing rotating handstands on the floor, started in the Kiev school without extremely strong handstands. In that school they do 4 hours of handbalancing every day for 4 years, and the results they produce are amazing. I am going to Kiev with my class in the autumn, so it will be interesting to see how they train. The main coach there is over 80 years old=)

Mainly you need to train and train and train and train to get this kind of stability, strength and endurance. in the end it needs to be super easy for you. I dont have time now, but I can write up some of the exercises I use for training. I am currently at around 1.30 to 2 minutes on the right arm, and about 1 minute on the left, in an easy position, but I have a long way to go to hang with the best.

Jason Stein

In the link to the video above, she actually presses up and holds a High Manna before beginning the dislocates. Which is pretty cool.

Also, as far as what it takes to achieve that level of hand-balancing skill ... Here's a revealing look at one methodology, similar to Chinese Opera. I imagine they toned it way down with the cameras present.

The performer with whom I was training mentioned that Chinese performers often spend years training for one trick, a trick that they're only able to perform for a short while before it destroys their joints.

He specifically mentioned one-handed drops, where the performer performs a HS on a really high stack of chairs, and then sweeps the chair out to fall onto the hand on the chair below. So the performers are washed out by 18.

uH-jQN3Ln60

She is extremely good and has endurance from another world. She is from a circus family and has been trained since she was a toddler. Most of the extreme handbalancers you see have trained their entire lives to be able to build such control, but there are a lot of good ones that started out later in their lives. My friend was visiting the circus school in Kiev, THE circus school for handstand and he had seen(part of) a video of a guy changing 1 arm positions for an entire hour. Then you have the chinese, who are on a totally different level alltogether.

Then againg, for example Artur, the handbalancer who is doing rotating handstands on the floor, started in the Kiev school without extremely strong handstands. In that school they do 4 hours of handbalancing every day for 4 years, and the results they produce are amazing. I am going to Kiev with my class in the autumn, so it will be interesting to see how they train. The main coach there is over 80 years old=)

Mainly you need to train and train and train and train to get this kind of stability, strength and endurance. in the end it needs to be super easy for you. I dont have time now, but I can write up some of the exercises I use for training. I am currently at around 1.30 to 2 minutes on the right arm, and about 1 minute on the left, in an easy position, but I have a long way to go to hang with the best.

Holyshit one hour on hands fuck(sorry couldnt hold it) :P

Please when you come back from Kiev tell us what you saw there and the training of this super humans beings, im fascinated to how much far they can reach in the handbalancing art.

My training routine is still focused in building up more strength to hold a decent full planche for at least 10 secs so im leaving handstands in second place now but very soon ill focus again as a primary thing to achieve and will try to dedicate at least 2hours/day doing this training for some years.

• 2 years later...
GracefulMonkey

uH-jQN3Ln60

The handbalancing kid from the documentary(Cai Yong). All grown up now and a master at the art.

Erik Sjolin

Cai Yong's performance was awe inspiring, but my jaw really hit the floor when he pressed up from that elbow lever without momentum. :shock:

Philip Chubb
How did he go from a full split to standing position? squeeze inner thighs?

A combination of that and the fact that his cloths and the floor don't have a lot of friction so it's a bit easier. Look up Coach's post on power splits on the rings.