Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Side lever progression

Matias Perez Aguirre

Matias Perez Aguirre

Hey all, 

I have been working on my side lever for about 6 months and i can say i have become quiet good at it, i have reached the point in which i feel it does not help me achieve more strength just endurance. What is a good excersise to replace the side lever? I was thinking of replacing it with front lever pull ups or maybe i should keep the side lever and treat it as a conditioning excersise? Thoughts? 

Side lever 

20+ sec right side 

18+ sec left side 

5x5 pullouts on both sides 

Everett Carroll

Hey Matias,

Balance out the two sides and then keep the skill on maintenance. Also, I recommend making sure you are keeping up on your oblique mobility. It's easy to get tight there when working side lever heavily.   

• Like 1

Matias Perez Aguirre

Sample video, i think my form is decent but any criticism would be greatly apreciated. I tend to over engage my obliques and pull my legs above horizontal, although my torso remains level but as i get tired i end up leveling out, ( this happens mostly on my weaker side) would maintanace mean i only do 1 max hold set at the end of my workout on bot sides? 

Everett Carroll

Hey Matias,

I suggest pushing more strongly through the bottom arm. Also, keep your feet together and maintain strong glute tension. Our Foundation Series covers all of the side lever progressions you'll need to perfectly master your form and correct imbalances. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1