Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's a good way to install rings from a floor joist?

Josh Martin

Josh Martin

Howdy.  I have some new rings I need to install in a basement room and the ceiling is exposed floor joists.  What's a good way to safely install a set of rings?  I've seen various things online, some say use an eye bolt screwed into the bottom of the joist, some say put a bolt through the joist.

Thanks.

Douglas Wadle

I think the best way is to mount a bar and hang them from the bar.  Then you have multiple points of attachment, and if one fails there is backup.  You can also slide them out of the way when not in use.  This would be my recommendation.

Alternatively, I've seen people use heavy bag hangers like these: https://www.amazon.com/Everlast-Wood-Beam-Heavy-Hanger/dp/B00076ZE0I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501451736&sr=8-3&keywords=heavy+bag+hanger

You would need 2 of them and if you weigh over 200 lbs or are doing dynamic stuff it could be sketchy.  You also have fixed width and can't change that.  

• Upvote 1

Luke Searra

Guys whatever you do:

1)  Before you climb up onto the rings and use them, make sure that the strap clips have been threaded the right way and the rings wont slide.

2) Be safe and test before you jump up onto your installation.

Good luck and post pictures and feeback

• Upvote 1