Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Double Leg Circles Requirements

Paul Wallbridge

Paul Wallbridge

Hi,

im looking for some help in developing good leg circles and was hoping someone ( @Alessandro Mainente Maybe) could give some pointers as to what stage in Foundation and which exercises should be mastered to help get the best start.

im starting them later in life (38) so have an adult frame and weight to work with! I have worked on starting with initial arch body and worked on quarters and half circles. Shoulder mobility is potentially an issue I'm working on (for everything!). I do lots of work in the support shapes enforcing the right form and have access to p-bars for drills swinging around mushroom and ground and raised mushrooms. My aim is to get circles and eventually flairs and scissors on the pommel.

thanks!

Paul

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Paul, what do you need first it is wrists preparation. something which helps a lot it is the side lever progression and the shoulder mobility of the manna of foundations 4. the more you become proficient on them the better it is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul Wallbridge

Great, thanks. I'm doing the wrist prep from HS1, I can do full wrist push-ups etc now. Something I thought would never be comfortable - just shows how well the progressions work.

Which parts of Side lever are good? I've already completed the F1 progressions but help off on F2 as so many others are nowhere near finished. Manna F4 seems like years off!

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Hey Paul,

All of SL is good ;) Keep working through your progressions in order and you'll continue to improve.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

For manna I recommend at least to complete all the shoulder extension IM.

• Upvote 1