Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobility new starter

Lee Ingram

Hi

I have done very little mobility work, silly I know. 

I was wondering, can you go straight into mobility work 'cold' , do I have to warm up briefly before I start?

Thanks

Lee

Pauline Taube

Hi Lee,

You should always prepare your body for mobility work by doing a good warm up routine. Go straight into mobility work cold is not recommended and in worst case this can lead to injuries

Thanks pauline

would a light cardio workout be sufficient? Apologies for the lack of knowledge. I am new to this

Pauline Taube

No need to apologize, Lee. Asking questions is the best way to learn!

Light cardio is good to get your blood flow and increase your body temperature, but eventually you should add a more specific warm up routine. The Fundamentals course would be a great start. In this course you get to assess your body and discover weaknesses and imbalances before moving on to other beginner courses such as Foundation One. At the end of the Fundamental course the exercises will build into a limbering routine which is great to use as a warm up before your stretching and Foundation training. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions :)

• Upvote 1

Tobias Karlsson
26 minutes ago, Lee Ingram said:

Thanks pauline

would a light cardio workout be sufficient? Apologies for the lack of knowledge. I am new to this

Also when you ask questions other people also learn. So keep asking and lots of people can benefit from the answers. 

• Upvote 4

Thanks guys, appreciate your patience and encouragement  :)

do the courses that are available expire or can you do them over and over? I have very restricted range of motion and mobility so it's going to take a while 

Pauline Taube

Always welcome, Lee.

All our courses have lifetime access and you can do them as long as you need :) 

I also recommend to take advantage of the forum to get further assistance in your training :) 

Thanks pauline

one last thing for now, can the courses be integrated into my already busy lifestyle as I work 11 to 12 hours a day? The last thing I want to do is start something I can't give 100%, I'm really keen to do this :)

Pauline Taube

Definetely. The Fundamentals lessons require 15minutes or less daily.

The Foundation One workouts (three workouts a week) lasts for about 20 minutes in the beginning. As you progress the number of sets and reps will increase so your workouts may last for 20-40minutes :) 

• Upvote 1

Great :)

Youve been most helpful. I look forward to speaking to you in the near future. Are you available to give advice at any stage once the courses begin? 

Thanks again Pauline 

Pauline Taube

I'm glad you reached out, Lee! 

I am looking forward to follow your training! Me and the rest of the team will always be here to support you and help you succeed with your training :) 

Feel free to reach out again at any time! 

• Upvote 1

I forgot to ask

do I need any home gym equipment or props like a bench or anything to do the beginner courses? And can the beginner courses be done alone i.e do I need assistance whilst doing them?

Pauline Taube

For Fundamentals all you need is some floor space.

To begin Foundation One you will need a yoga mat, a pair of gymnastic rings and a light dumbbell. 

You can workout by yourself. If you would like a form check feel free to submit a video, you'll always have support on the forum :) 

• Upvote 1