Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 arm false grip hang

Jin Liu

Everett Carroll

Hey Jin,

You want your wrist to be in the exact center of the ring. In this submission, your grip is up and to the inside. This increases the demand of the grip and also goes for double arm hangs. 

• Upvote 3

Gave it another try. Is this better? :)

At this point I feel what makes me give up is not grip strength, it's rather the burning sensation due to skin bunching up in my hands, esp that part on the opposite side of thumb, 1inch above the wrist. I'm also getting a callus there (a weird place for callus?). Hope I'll get over it eventually. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jin , if you have not already mastered the rope climbing I suggest you limit the one arm false grip one as a minimum, it gives a lot of stress to the common flexors of the fingers and wrist and it can lead to trochlea problem. be careful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jin , if you have not already mastered the rope climbing I suggest you limit the one arm false grip one as a minimum, it gives a lot of stress to the common flexors of the fingers and wrist and it can lead to trochlea problem. be careful.

Thanks Alessandro. I don't do this very often. Only occasionally as a test. I still hang with two arms most of the time. From time to time I do some of the one arm mobility towards the end of RC. Love those :)

• Like 1