Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Manna Progression

Tevdoradze David

Tevdoradze David

Good day all, working on manna progression, just interesting if i am on the right way?

Edited by Tevdoradze David
  • Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Hey Tevoradze, 

Before bringing your feet straight up, think of pushing your hips much further forward. This is the most difficult part of specific manna training and if your basic strength isn't there, can be a difficult thing to master. 

• Upvote 2

Coach Sommer

Hello Tevoradze,

Solid start.  Good arm position and good wrist position.

Good tip from Everett.  Make sure to press those hips much farther forward.  This will be accomplished by externally rotating the shoulders and retracting the scaps while simultaneously pressing forward.

Also, do not allow the legs to come together at vertical; rather keep them apart until you are able to arrive at a horizontal manna position.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Tevdoradze David

thank you very much for reply.. as i understood u mean to master first solid advance straddle L-sit hips fwd hold, presently i can hold it about 30 secs but if it is the key part of the manna i can go further for improvement because seems to me my hips still is not that much far from my hands. Actually raising up the legs and torso for final manna position is not a problem till i fall backwards, hope that first stage prevent me in the future falling back. 

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

I think that you can improve the straddle position, the better it is the straddle the less it is the horizontal leverage, the less you need to lean back to lift the feet at the beginning of the move.

• Upvote 3

Tevdoradze David

Good day dear all, today tried to keep  advance straddle L-sit hips fwd hold but, again i have a question. While rising the legs my hips are touching my hands as a support, pushing the hips forward in this case means: it should be touching the hands or to be away from hands. I will upload the video front and side view.Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

If the hips touch the forearms then it is a sign of lack fo strength on the posterior upper body chain involved in active shoulder extension. A failure on developing this detail on the middle split will lead into failure on the development of the manna.

• Upvote 2

Tevdoradze David

Thank you for tips. Highly appreciated. Will try to eliminate weakness.

Tevdoradze David

Good day, This time slightly better. Need some balance on final position.Thanks and appreciate your assistance.

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente

Forearms still touch the legs, it is practically impossible to solve this problem in a couple of days. the matter it is a combination of mobility and specific preparation. for further development of the weak link I suggest to follow the foundations program

• Upvote 1

Tevdoradze David

Thank you Alessandro very kind of you. Now i absolutely got the point.

• 4 weeks later...
Tevdoradze David

Good day to all, manna is still in force, training not ceased but less frequent..doing some other conditioning exercises. Nearly one month passed but seems no improvement but its getting easier. Thanks and regards!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work man! You are on the right track! Nice external rotation of arms and shoulders. Patience and consistency will definitely get you there!

Tevdoradze David

Thank you guys, i keep going,  big motivation and inspiration from your side.

• 7 months later...
Oussama KHELLADI
On 8/12/2017 at 2:21 PM, Tevdoradze David said:

Thank you guys, i keep going,  big motivation and inspiration from your side.

hey David awesome progress hows your manna training ?

• 4 weeks later...
Tevdoradze David

Later i will upload a video. I was on board ship, hard to train when vessel is rolling. My progress in everything waScreenshot_2017-10-27-04-57-37.thumb.png.8881ea75a7d2b4e24f401e6750707f34.pngs very slow but i will never give up.

• Like 3

Oussama KHELLADI
3 hours ago, Tevdoradze David said:

Later i will upload a video. I was on board ship, hard to train when vessel is rolling. My progress in everything was very slow but i will never give up.

excellent progress u r an inspiration am currently focusing to achieve a vertical V sit with a wall slide as  mobility , what is ur routine ?

Tevdoradze David

i am doing straddle lifts trying not to fall backwards in that particular position which is on the pic, while drinking morning coffee, at least one time every day.:)once u stop u will lose. if u never stop u will get it sometime for sure. Be patient and take yr time. Reaching particular element is easier than maintain it  throughout the life. Best Regards.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Tevdoradze David

Manna progression is always on, never ever stops.

• Like 2

Oscar Riaño

Hi to all!

Is manna also valid if thumbs are placed on the opposite direction? 

minute 0:15 of the video

Regards

Alessandro Mainente

The details which make the manna valid is the upper body position that must be horizontal and the piked position of the legs into the body.

• Like 1