Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What to use on the floor of my home gym

Eva Fognell

Eva Fognell

Making a small room in my house into GST room. What should I use for flooring to cover slippery wood floor? I need to be able to do balance work, handstand and stallbar  work and not slip.  suggestions? 

Luke Searra

Eva, I have always loved training on wood, if it is not slippery. Some harder rubber mat squares from your standard Home Hardware store should do you just fine. For handstand GST you will want a harder surface because it will be easier to balance but for the rest a slightly forgiving surface will definitely help boost your confidence when trying new movements and elements.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Luke Searra. What kind of material is that blue flooring that i see in the GB educational videos? And i see similar blue colored flooring in some home gyms of members on this forum. I'm building a small home gym area in my basement and want to put down the best flooring material. Thanks

• 2 months later...
Colin Dassonville

Hello,

I don't know how many space you've got, but I will do mine too and I'll create 2 areas as explained by Luke :

- 1 area with rubber slabs to practice handstand, use weights or doing cardio with my shoes

- 1 soft area, covered with a kind of rubber mats, to practice things on parallel bars, more advanced handstand exercises