Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Straddle planche on ring

Swann BUTEL

Swann BUTEL

Hi every one, 

I want to do galimores on rings, i have a good front lever to adv tuck for 5x5 good rep, i can hold 5x15 adv tuck on ring at my own bodyweight and 4x 10 sec weighted with 4 kg ( i actually don't like to weight the ADV tuck on ring because i can't feel the good position). I can't hold straddle planche on the ring i just can make in the position for a little moment ( l sit to straddle ) 
I'm confuse of wath type off exercice i must do, bodyweight adv tuck for 3-4x20 sec ? weighted ? more l sit to straddle ? 

Thx for your advice 

Alessandro Mainente

Video of your execution are essential, pay attention that without the correct preparation of the elbow it does not matter if you get injured but only a problem of when.

• Upvote 3

Swann BUTEL

Hello alessandro and thx for your answer, 

What video do you want me to show you ? 

Alessandro Mainente

10 seconds straddle planche on floor or pbar it is a pre req.

Swann BUTEL

Really ? 

I have maybe 5 sec straddle planche on floor - p bar when i have full strenght, i do some set of 3 sec hold on floor, do you thinks i must do more floor planche even if i have a good 15 20 sec adv tuck on ring ? 
how can i increase my max hold on floor, i up the max hold when i can do 10 set off x sec hold ( exemple : 10x3 sec => 3x 4sec , 4x4sec etc => 10x4 sec up to 10x8 sec ), wich secondary exercice do you precognise ? 

Thx for all your time 

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

without proper basic strength on straddle planche on the stable support, you have no chance to develop it on the rings.

the correct approach it is to PREPARE your body with foundations so that you can after train rings course more frequently.

• Upvote 3