Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pain in lower back attempting Front Lever

Alexandr Krutoy

Alexandr Krutoy

Hey everyone.I train my front lever for one year. 5 months ago i do my first front lever hold and since that moment i usually have lower pack pain while attemting.Now i can do full front lever on straight arm about 3-4 seconds( 5-6 seconds with bent arms).When i do front lever i always feel pain in my lower back.I tried to train my ABS with different exercises like l sit and dragon flag but it doesn't help me.What i should train to fix my problem? (sorry for bad eng):unsure:

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Alexandr,

Whenever pain is involved you should seek the help of a medical professional. They will have the knowledge necessary to help your individual case.

Most likely your pain occurred due to a lack of preparation of both strength and technique. While you wait to see a doctor, stop training Front Levers. Training through pain will only make things worse.

• Upvote 5

Alexandr Krutoy

I feel that pain only when i do front lever for 4-5 seconds.After training i feel good and i don't feel pain in other exercises.

Coach Sommer

Hi Alexandr,

As Jeffrey already pointed out, you are not yet strong enough to be training front levers safely and productively.

Slow down, go back and complete the necessary preparatory work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 5

Julian Aldag

Lower back pain during a Front lever is likely caused by a lack of strong posterior tilt.  

• Upvote 2