Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Artimex stall bar options

Rebecca Conway

Rebecca Conway

Hi there - I've just started GST and am very new to the forum so many apologies because this is a repetition of past posts, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on purchasing stall bars is possible?

I live in India so I'm trying to find companies that will either ship here or ship to the UK wher eI have a shipping address, and I've found the following set of stall bars at Artimex:

https://www.artix-sport.com/en/products/home-gymnastic-wall-bars-swedish-ladder-230x85-cm-14-rungs-cod-221-184

I'm 5'4" so I'm looking to get bars around 6'7" in height (as opposed to 7'10") as these seem to be a standard height - correct me if I'm wrong... there seems to be scope for adjustment to this design, particularly in terms of wall mounts and offset - the top and third bars here are offset here - the only caveat is that I'm after oval bars if possible. What changes if any would you make to this set?

I was just wondering if these looked like they would be a good GST fit? I've purchased the Fundaments/Foundation One/splits/bridge bundle and I've peeked ahead and it looks like as a long-term investment (+ ease of working out at home over trying to find gyms here that have the right equipment), investing in stall bars seems wise. I've been going through the forum and found a lot of other options, I'm just keen to make sure I get bars I can ship here, and I'd prefer oval bars if possible, but also great to hear if someone has a preferred set they'd recommend over these. 

Thank you!  

Everett Carroll

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Those look alright, but my personal preference is the metal stall bars made by rogue fitness. 

• Upvote 2

Rebecca Conway

Thanks Everett! That's great, I'm trying to find a few models to compare, so super-helpful to see these.

• 4 weeks later...
ANDREW Aron

Hello everybody,

I recently bought a Stall Bar from Artimex Sport and I have to say that I am really satisfied with the product.

Below I will let you the link of the product:

https://www.artimex-sport.com/us/products/crossfit-set-black-magic-code-269-magic-2648

It was a bit of a problem with the shipping because the UPS guys were not very friendly and it was hard to receive the product.

But it was worth it: the set looks very nice,everything was exactly like I hoped so and very good built.

And another great thing is that they make customized products: for example I ordered the set with a specific height (original is 7 inches and I wanted at 8.5 inches).

I recommend you this manufacturer if you want something good and well built.

Rebecca Conway

Hi Andrew - thanks so much for this - I just ordered my bars from Artimex! I've gone for a different model - I would have loved to get these but they're a little out of my price range so I have a different set to start out with. Can't wait for them to arrive - also to anyone making this decision - Artimex will ship to places not listed on the website if you get in touch with them directly to organise - it costs more but as I live in India and have been going crazy trying to find something here, having them deliver straight to me is great. 

Rebecca Conway
On 6/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, Luke Searra said:

Send us a picture Rebecca

Definitely! 

I have a quick query, partially-related if anyone has advice please? As I'm temporarily without bars and I don't have access to a gym, I've just been focusing on my normal workout routine (mix of HIIT, circuits and low-intensity cardio) and then doing Fundamentals at the end of each workout sesh. I'm a former competitive gymnast and VERY EXCITED to start Foundation One - so I've been doing a few of the non-equipment based workouts - mainly splits. Does anyone have any recommendations for how much Foundation One to try to incorporate while the bars make their way here? I've got a week of Fundamentals left so envisage that I'd have maybe two weeks before I could start Foundation One properly. Just as an FYI I have the bundle which includes bridge and handstand as I'm very keen to get a press-handstand back. Also not in a rush; used to training months/years to perfect things. Thank you!

Pauline Taube

Hi Rebecca, 

You won't need stall bars in the beginning of Foundation One. If you have a pair of gymnastic rings, a light dumbbell and some floor space you will be able to complete all the workouts :)