Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which position for the Dragon Flags/Body Levers are much more difficult, straddle or half positon? And does this apply to other levers?

Colin Gomez

Alessandro Mainente

HI Collin, I would state that IF you are not an elite level athlete then your form has no utility for developing solid future skills.

About your question it depends on how much you open the legs in the straddle position, if you straddle it is more like a full layout position then it is by far harder than the half lay out.

• Upvote 1

Colin Gomez
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Collin, I would state that IF you are not an elite level athlete then your form has no utility for developing solid future skills.

About your question it depends on how much you open the legs in the straddle position, if you straddle it is more like a full layout position then it is by far harder than the half lay out.

What do you mean by the first paragraph? I dont quite understand. 

Everett Carroll

Hi Colin,

For this position, your pelvic tilt and body line could be improved. More posterior pelvic tilt (core and glute engagement will help) as well as a hollow body shape. The Foundation Series core work covers this in depth.  

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
GoldenEagle
On 5/26/2017 at 6:51 PM, Colin Gomez said:

What do you mean by the first paragraph? I dont quite understand. 

In short... Alex basically stated you are seemingly not yet working on the hardest variation of body levers.

If you maintained a "Posterior pelvic tilt" (press your lower back against the floor/ platform) your body lever repetitions will be much harder. Even while maintaining a more difficult overall body position...To make your body lever repetitions much harder: A) do not press against or pull on the hand rail as much as you had been, and or B) Use a digital metronome, set to 60 bpm, to keep a preferred timed pace.

• Like 1