Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Different Ring Feel

Edward Smith

Edward Smith

Just got my rings setup (I love 'em), but they feel different to each other. Has anyone experienced this themselves? my rings are wqual height but ring straps are different length (hanging them from a tree), would this affect it?

anyway thanks,

Ed

George Launchbury

Couldn't say from experience, but if that does turn out to be the problem (and you can reach the branch somehow, rather than just throwing over the straps) you could possibly solve the issue by fixing the pivot points to a set height?

Would suggest maybe getting a short length of broomstick and securing it between the two straps (with some string?) as high up to the branch as you can manage. The handle would mean that they angle outwards at the same height, while not bearing any weight itself.

Really secure it, though, as you don't want it falling on your head, or the rings suddenly pinging apart whilst you're upside down!! Have knocked up a sketch since that is as clear as mud...

branchstrapscs3.gif

Cheers,

George.

Edward Smith

thanks George,

I like that idea simple, easy and cheap. It's similar to what I did with my homemade rings