Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recovery tools

Étienne Lajeunesse

Douglas Wadle

Sometimes one can get a little carried away w/ these "toys".  I am a fan of the lacrosse ball and some form of a roller for soft tissue work.  If you are a professional and have lots of money at your disposal the compression devices and e-stim may be of subtle assistance.  Tour de france riders wear the inflatable leg compression after each stage.  Cost is in the thousands of dollars range.  Daily limbering and frequent walking helps a lot.  I wouldn't spend a lot of money on these toys unless your livelihood depends on it.  Smart training, good nutrition, and a focus on sleep are the best bang for your buck.  Cheers,

• Upvote 3

Étienne Lajeunesse

Yeah, basics are the best but  wondered if they were worth to try (or own depending on the case).  

But, thanks for your answer!

Suzanna McGee

I have more than half of those listed… (yea, I like "toys"… also, I want to always try everything before I recommend it to my clients). If you want to get one of these (or two), I would get the first one, the Rogue blue SuperNova ball… the second one I would get The Grid roller. I think you can accomplish A LOT with them… and yet again, to answer your question: "try it, and see for yourself if it is worth for you"  :-) 

• Upvote 1

Étienne Lajeunesse
On 2017-5-4 at 6:45 PM, Suzanna McGee said:

I have more than half of those listed… (yea, I like "toys"… also, I want to always try everything before I recommend it to my clients). If you want to get one of these (or two), I would get the first one, the Rogue blue SuperNova ball… the second one I would get The Grid roller. I think you can accomplish A LOT with them… and yet again, to answer your question: "try it, and see for yourself if it is worth for you"  :-) 

I remember you recommanding me the Supernova, but I have some Lacrosse balls that work pretty well for now. I also own a foam roller but a more rubble type.

I want to try any vibrating tool, it seems to work pretty well from what @Coach Sommer brought in Tools of Titans!

And I will certainly remember to try things by myself :)